Great Beginnings Leader
What Is a Great Beginnings Leader (GBL)?
The GBLs are the first people to make an impression on new students and their families. GBLs primary goals are to: (1) Welcome new students, (2) Advocate for Great Beginnings events, (3) Help students navigate campus and available resources, and (4) promote the Residential College System and the Murray State University community.
- In order to apply, you must have a 2.3 cumulative GPA (including transfer hours) and be in good academic standing. Each GBL must also have at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at the end of the spring semester of 2018.
- Must have completed 24 hours by the end of the spring 2018 semester.
- Must be returning to Murray State in the fall of 2018 as an undergraduate student.
- Sincere desire to support Murray State's new students.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good sense of humor balanced by a sense of responsibility.
- Willing to accept a challenge and to step out of comfort zone.
- Strong internal motivation to succeed personally and in all Murray State/Residential College activities.
- Recognition that being a GBL is a serious and rewarding summer and fall commitment.
- Desire to achieve excellence.
Benefits to GBLs
- Significant leadership training and experience.· Opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students· Free GBL and Residential College T-shirts.
- Opportunity to represent your Residential College to new member of the Murray State family.
- Opportunity to share your love of Murray State University.
- Moving into Residential College early
If you have any questions, please contact: