Racer Academy students
Dates for Fall 2020 (Aug. to Dec.)
|November 7, 2020||Last day to drop a course with a grade of W (withdraw).|
|November 18-20, 2020||Final exams|
|November 20, 2020||Full semester courses end.|
|December 15, 2020||Final grades available on myGate|
Dates for Spring 2021 (Jan. to May)
|November 2020||Schedule is available. Submit Guidance Counselor / Principal Approval Form for registration.|
|December 1, 2020||Online application is due for new Racer Academy students.|
|January 14, 2021||Guidance Counselor / Principal Approval Form for registration is due.|
|January 19, 2021||Murray State University full semester courses begin.|
You can take a maximum of two courses each semester.
Note: Due to the pandemic, students will not be allowed to attend courses on campus for the Spring 2021 semester.
To view the current schedule of courses, follow these steps:
- View the Schedule of Courses and select the appropriate Term. Click Submit.
- Highlight the Subject that interests you or highlight all using the keyboard shortcut (CTRL+A).
- Click on the box next to Racer Academy.
- Click the blue Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Don't see the course listed that you need? Contact us at email@example.com to check on course availability.
All courses with a "R" at the beginning of the Section (Sec) are for Racer Academy students. Online courses are list as "Web" under Campus.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does it cost?
Racer Academy courses cost $72 per credit hour. Be sure to check with your guidance counselor to see if your course is eligible for a KHEEA scholarship or local grant. Some courses may require the purchase of additional materials such as a textbook.
If a parent(s) is employed by Murray State, a tuition waiver may be used to pay the course tuition.
- What do returning Racer Academy students need to do to register?
If you are a returning Racer Academy student, an e-mail from the guidance counselor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form. This should be accompanied by an updated transcript. You do not need to submit another Admission Application.
If you're new to Racer Academy, follow these admission instructions.
- I'm registered! What comes next?
- You will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After you are admitted, you will receive an e-mail from Racer Academy Admissions with your Murray State ID (M number) and myGate password. Follow the instructions in this e-mail to get started! If you do not receive a letter or e-mail before classes start, contact the Service Desk at 270.809.2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register you in the course.
- Where will my class be taught?
Your course will be taught on Canvas. After you've registered, log-in to Canvas to see the course shell. (Your username is the first part of your Murray State e-mail address.) Course work will not be available until the first day of class or when it is published by your instructor. If you do not see the course, contact us as soon as possible! The Murray State Service Desk is always on hand to help. Just call 270.809.2346.
View the Canvas Student Guide
- How will Murray State contact me?
After you are admitted, check your Murray State email account regularly or forward it to an email account you do check. All official correspondence from the university will come to your Murray State email account.
- How do I pay my bill?
All billing statements are available to view on your myGate account. Notifications to your MSU e-mail account will be sent when bills are available to view. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University. They can be reached at 270.809.4227.
If your high school would like to pay for your students, e-mail Amy Watters at email@example.com and provide your school's name, address, list of students to bill, and a contact person.
If you have scholarship questions, contact the Bursar's Office at 270.809.4227.
- Help! I can't log in!
Download our "Get Connected" guide.
If you still need help logging in, call the Service Desk at 270.809.2346 and they will get you connected over the phone!
- How do I drop a course?
If you need to drop a class, complete the Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop form and fax to Kristi Jackson at 270.809.3777 or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Racer Academy courses cost $72 a credit hour. Depending on when you drop your course, you may be responsible for a portion or all of your tuition. View the proration of charges for the current semester and drop deadlines. If you do not drop your course before a certain date each semester, you will receive a letter grade in the course.
- I want to take a course but it isn't listed on the schedule.
Contact Lisa Schmidt at email@example.com for more information.
High schools – if you have 10 or more students who want to take course, please let us know.
Your responsibilities as a college student
College is hard. It is supposed to be that way. It will take time and commitment from you in order to do well in your class. Your challenge is to manage your time, family, and outside commitments in order to be successful in your course. Ask your professor and/or guidance counselor if you need help. Value your education and this great opportunity you have!
- Do well in your course. You will be taking a college course that may require more work than you are used to as a high school student. Remember that you will receive a failing grade on your transcript if you stop attending a class or never start. You must tell us if you need to drop a course or if you have any problems!
- Know Racer Academy deadlines and procedures. Know when you can drop a course and not receive a grade. If you drop after that date, you may receive a failing grade! Know that there is a deadline after which you cannot drop a course and receive a tuition refund. After those dates, you will be responsible for payment!
- Check your Murray State e-mail regularly. All official correspondence will be sent to your Murray State e-mail address. If you do not check this account, you can have it forwarded to an account you do check.
- Take the Title IX training on Canvas. Racer Academy students are required to take Title IX training on Canvas each year. Not doing so will result in a registration hold. The Alcohol and Drug Education and Covid training is not required for dual credit students.
- What about grades? Your final grade is determined by your professor. Grades will be available to view on myGate at the end of the semester. If you have a concern, discuss this with your instructor immediately. Do not wait until the end of the semester!
- Racer Academy Application for Admission
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form
return to Lisa Schmidt, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop Form
e-mail to email@example.com or fax to 270.809.3777
- How to Search for a Class on MSU's Course Schedule
- How to Log-in to MSU Systems
- Canvas Student Guide - how to use MSU's Learning Management System
- Guidance Counselor Flyer / Dates for Spring 2021
Contact Racer Academy
- Lisa Schmidt
- Racer Academy Coordinator
- Center for Adult and Regional Education
- for admission instructions and general questions
- Haley Tidwell
- Office of the Provost
- Amy Watters
- Bursar's Office
- for billing and scholarship questions