Center for Financial Planning
Introduction | Certificate Program | Degree Program | Study Tools | Schedule | Registration Form | Bauernfeind Chair | Arthur J. Bauerfeind
Do you aspire to be a Certified Financial Planner™?
Learn the entire CFP curriculum from the comfort of your home or office. Our 9-month certificate program was designed with the working professional in mind. The entire program is on-line. You need only a computer and an internet connection. Classes meet twice weekly for two hours each session. Successful completion of the program satisfies the CFP Board’s education requirement and will allow an individual to sit for the Certified Financial Planner Examination.
Why choose the Murray State University program?
- Nine-month program (Tuition cost: $3,600, textbooks not included) -- Start in January…end in September. There is no reason to make a career out of studying to become a Certified Financial Planner.
- Experienced “Financial Planning” faculty --Each course is taught by a professional with vast financial planning education experience.
- David Durr, Ph.D., CFA, CFP® -- Since 1999, Dr. Durr has been involved in financial planning education for more than a decade. He has taught more than 150 CFP review courses/classes throughout the United States. Durr has taught classes for Kaplan/Schweser and for Dalton Education. He has taught in the New York University on-line CFP Certificate Program, and is an adjunct lecturer in the Georgetown University Center for Professional Development. Durr holds the Series 7 and Series 66 NASD licenses and maintains a professional association with Institutional Capital Management, Inc., a Houston, Texas full service investment management firm.
- Rey Belyeu, MBA, CFP®
- Our students get unlimited access to proprietary On-line Tutorials for help with the more complex financial planning topics. -- These tutorials are widely heralded as great learning tools. In carefully designed and scripted tutorials, the student is led through advanced topics. Challenging questions/problems are broken down into manageable and understandable components. The tutorials are provided to the Murray State students at no charge. Non-Murray State University students may obtain access to the tutorials by purchasing a subscription.
- Small classes -- Some programs have as many as 80 students in an on-line class. With class sizes that large, it is impossible for every student to have the chance to be heard, to ask questions.
It is anticipated that the average class size for our program will be from15-30 students. This will allow students the ability to ask questions for further clarification and understanding. You will not be invisible in our program.
- Advanced technology -- Murray State University uses a platform called “Elluminate” to deliver the virtual classes. You will hear instructor explanations. You will learn as the instructor writes on the whiteboard. You can watch as the instructor writes on slides, or uses a virtual calculator. Have a question? Simply raise your virtual hand (click on the hand icon) and the instructor can give you the microphone. Would you rather send a text message? Elluminate allows that as well.
Can’t make class tonight? No problem. All classes are recorded and available for later playback.
Required Textbooks (not included in tuition fee)