Important Dates 2016-2017 Academic Year
- October 1: Scholarship Application 2017-2018 Live
- October 1: FAFSA for 2017-2018 Live
- January 15: Scholarship Application Deadline
- February 4: Honors Day-Presidential Fellowship Competition
- March 31: Awards Letters Sent Via Email (Approximate date)
- May 1: National Scholarship Acceptance Deadline
- June 1: Non-Traditional Student-Specific Scholarships Deadline
All undergraduate students must file and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
Murray State University offers two categories of scholarships
- Academic achievement scholarships
- only for incoming freshmen
- awarded at time of admission
- awarded first-come, first-serve basis
- Competitive scholarships
- requires students to complete the MSU Scholarship Application
- awarded after January 15 application deadline
- students must apply every year via myGate, on the Financial Aid tab.
- It is recommended to have at least a 25 ACT, a 3.2 GPA and leadership responsibilities
to be competitive.
- College level work should be with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- Take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- Not following directions or completing all requirements of the application process
may result in elimination from the selection process.