Graduate Certificate in Organizational Dynamics
For questions or information please contact Dr. Steve Cox, Department Chair 270-809-4463 or email@example.com
Certificate in Organizational Dynamics – Degree Requirements
The Certificate in Organizational Dynamics is designed to enhance a person’s ability to lead and be effective in an organizational setting. Emphasis is placed on recognizing and responding to internal and external issues to the organization that impact productivity, reputation, and success. For more information please contact Dr. Steve Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Total Course Requirements……(12 hrs.)
Required Courses (6 hrs.)
- COM 685 Seminar in Organizational Communication
- COM 639 Seminar in Conflict Resolution
Approved Electives from the following courses (6 hrs.):
- COM 631 Interpersonal Communication at Work (3 hrs.)
- COM 653 Advanced Team Communication and Leadership (3 hrs.)
- COM 673 Organizational Training and Development (3 hrs.)
- COM 667 Organizational Learning and Dialogue (3 hrs.)
- JMC 602 Seminar in Advertising (3 hrs.)
- JMC 603 Seminar in Public Relations (3 hrs.)
- MGT 651 Seminar in Organizational Behavior (3 hrs.)
Requirements for Admission:
Students who hold an undergraduate degree or are currently enrolled in a graduate degree program may apply for the Certificate in Organizational Dynamics program. Persons who already hold a graduate degree may also apply for the Certificate program.
Applicants must comply with Murray State University requirements (see Chapter 2 of current Graduate Bulletin). For unconditional admission, an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last two years of undergraduate work with at least a minor in communication, business, or related field. For conditional admission, an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.50 is required.