ITV Facilitator Duties and Responsibilities | ITV Faculty Handbook | Facilitator Checklist | Student Guide | Contact
Download as pdf
ITV classes can be a quite a different experience for many students
who are unfamiliar to the technology. This page will briefly discuss
some general guidelines that students should follow in the ITV
- Make sure that you sit in the seat assigned to you on the seating
- Please remember to remove any unnecessary books, purses, or other
items from the tabletops. This ensures that the microphones on the
tables are not blocked and will work properly.
- Some of the sites feature press-to-talk microphones. These are
activated by pressing a button on the front of the microphone. A small
red light will come on indicating that the microphone is active. It is
very important to activate your microphone before talking. Although your
local classmates and instructor may hear this information, the remote
sites cannot. Please be considerate of the fact that the remote students
wish to participate as well.
- Please speak clearly so that the remote students will hear you.
When you are speaking, you may want to pause for a few seconds in order
to allow the remote sites to respond.
- Please try to avoid any extraneous noise and conversation. Normal
room noises and sidebar conversations can be picked up by the audio
system and be very distracting for the remote sites. For those sites
with press-to-talk microphones, we ask that you deactivate your
microphone when you are finished talking.
- When the instructor asks for feedback, give verbal responses
rather than non-verbal responses (i.e. Shaking head, shrugging
shoulders, etc.). More than likely the other sites may not see you and
therefore may not see your response.
- Don't hesitate to inform the instructor if you are experiencing
trouble seeing or hearing material presented in class. More than likely
other people are having similar difficulties.
- In the event of technical difficulties, please notify the
technician and the instructor in Murray. Based on how serious the
problem is the instructor may choose to continue class discussion or
cancel the remainder of class. If the instructor decides to continue,
accommodations are made for the affected sites.
- Tapes are available, free of charge, to students who encountered
technical difficulties. Otherwise, copies may be obtained from Trevor
Miller at (280) 809-3666 for a fee of $10.00 payable only by credit
- NO cell phones shall remain turned on in any ITV room since it
can and typically does cause noise in the classroom microphone system
which disrupts the sound for ALL of the sites participating in the ITV
class. Failure to comply will result in action by the instructor to
remedy the problem.
Please note that CEAO maintains the right to pull any tape for any
reason. Because of this we cannot guarantee that a tape of a particular
class meeting will be available for viewing!