If visiting on a day that students are on campus is important to you, please keep the following dates in mind while scheduling your campus visit.
High School Groups
The Office of Recruitment welcomes groups to campus. However, these tours are structured a little differently than individual tours.
We are a learning institution; learning is the priority on campus. Therefore, to avoid possible disruptions in the classroom and to current students who may be studying, large groups will not have the opportunity to go into a classroom, the library or a residential college.
Due to the size and time restrictions of group visits, we are no longer able to offer academic appointments for groups.
Please note we receive many more requests for group tours than we are able to accommodate, so placing a request does not mean we can guarantee you a tour.
We would like to encourage students and their parents to visit again individually for a more personal experience. At that time you will be given the full tour of campus which includes the parts that are omitted during a group visit.
Please note the following guidelines to ensure an informative and pleasant visit:
- You must register your group's visit a minimum of two weeks prior to the date of your visit. We will do our best to accommodate your date request; however, due to university hours and campus events, we may need to consider alternative dates.
- Visit dates are limited to one group per day and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Murray State can accommodate groups up to 30 in size. Chaperons are required; a minimum of one per ten students is recommended. Accompanying teachers and counselors in charge of their group are expected to ensure their students maintain order, good behavior and attentiveness during their visit.
- Visits are scheduled on Mondays OR Wednesdays only; preferably starting on the hour.
- A typical group visit will consist of an admission presentation, a walking tour of campus and lunch on your own at any of our dining facilities. You should allow three hours minimum and extra time at the end of the day if you plan to visit the University Bookstore.
- With early registration, we can arrange for your group to receive a special discounted rate to eat lunch in our campus cafeteria. We must have at least two weeks notice in order to notify Dining Services to prepare for additional students.
- This is a walking tour; please have students dress for the weather.
- Please plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure a smooth check-in process.
- We ask that if your group will be more than 5 minutes later than your expected arrival time you contact our Campus Visit Coordinator at 1.800.272.4678 ext. 2 or 270.809.3002.
|Sample Schedule |
|9:00 am ||Arrive on campus-general information session |
|9:30 am ||Walking tour of campus |
|11:00 am ||Lunch in Winslow Dining Hall* |
|12:00 pm ||Browse the University Bookstore |
|1:00 pm ||Depart for home |
*Academic year only (mid-August - mid-May)
Call our Campus Visit Coordinator at 1.800.272.4678 ext. 2 or 270.809.3002 to schedule a group visit today!
For groups who fall outside of the guidelines above, we also offer a
Self Guided Walking Tour (PDF).