Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access
Policies and procedures | Affirmative action, sexual harassment and grievances | Records retention schedule | Resources | Overview of laws | Diversity links | Reasonable accommodation forms | Equal Opportunity Terms | Reports | Contacts | Where to Go for Help
NOTE: The Office of Equal Opportunity transitioned to the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity & Access effective July 1, 2013 and the website is located at: murraystate.edu/idea. All references within campuswide documents to the Office of Equal Opportunity should be considered analogous to the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access.
20 Year Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act
The Office of Equal
Opportunity works to ensure that the university makes a good faith effort at providing a working and learning environment that is welcoming of diversity and free from discrimination and harassment. Applicants for
employment, employees, and prospective and enrolled students of the
university are protected against discrimination on the basis of race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
and sexual orientation.
- enhancing awareness of and sensitivity toward diversity
- assisting units in operationalizing the institutional diversity plan in their units
- monitoring the diversity representation at the institution
- educating students, faculty, and staff about their rights and responsibilities with respect to harassment and discrimination
- investigating, processing, and assisting to resolve illegal discrimination and harassment complaints
- facilitating and monitoring compliance with federal and state laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action
- working with employees, prospective employees and patrons with disabilities to ensure the university is accessible
- developing an affirmative action plan
- providing training on equal opportunity laws, policies, prevention of sexual harassment, valuing diversity and other related topics
- monitor the institution's hiring efforts
The Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity and Access leads and promotes the University's commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, affirmative action and access while partnering with the units across campus to build a climate of inclusion and address acts of discrimination within the university community.
Non-Discrimination Statement (beginning July 1, 2013)
State University endorses the intent of all federal and state laws
created to prohibit discrimination. Murray State University does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, age, veteran status, or disability in
employment, admissions, or the provision of services and provides, upon
request, reasonable accommodation including auxiliary aids and services
necessary to afford individuals with disabilities equal access to
participate in all programs and activities.
more information, contact the Executive Director of Institutional
Diversity, Equity and Access, 103 Wells Hall, (270) 809-3155 (voice),
(270) 809-3361 (TDD).
State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges
and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate,
masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on
Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500
for questions about the accreditation of Murray State University.
Normal inquiries such as admission requirements, financial aid,
educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to Murray State