Purpose and Charge
- To provide advice, counsel and assistance to the Murray State University Vice President for Student Affairs and Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs in the formation of a comprehensive, strategic and cohesive campus-wide plan for the retention of students and assist with subsequent implementation.
- To provide leadership for planning, developing, assessing and improving Murray State University’s retention efforts across all areas of the University in order to meet retention and graduation rate goals established by the Council on Postsecondary Education and the Murray State University Board of Regents.
- To identify best retention practices centered around policies, services and programs across academic and student affairs units.
- To address and remedy identified needs and concerns and monitor implementation and effectiveness of new and existing retention initiatives.
- To promote and sustain strategic focus of the University community on issues of retention and graduation rates.
Dr. Renae Duncan*, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education
VACANT*, Special Assistant to VP Student Affairs for Retention
Lana Jennings, Community College Director
Dr. Paul Lucko, Associate Professor, Department of Social Work, Criminal Justice and Gerontology
Ross Meloan, Director of Career Services
Fugen Muscio, Institutional Research
Dr. Ed Thome, Chair/Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Dr. Tim Todd, Dean, College of Business
Chastity Richmond, Retention Specialist
Dr. Barbara Cobb, Associate Professor
Jeremiah Johnson, SGA President and Student Regent
Adam Peebles, Student
Dr. Bonnie Higginson, Provost and Vice President
Dr. Don Robertson, Vice President
Dr. Randy Dunn **, President
Dr. Joshua Jacobs**, Chief of Staff, Office of the President