News and Events
News and Events | Resources | Stonewall Scholars | Safe Zone Project | Alliance | Eracer | Out Racers: Take Your Place! | i>clickers | Preferred First Name | Program Administration | Gender Neutral Restrooms
In addition to a wide-variety of other programs during 2014-2015, LGBT Programming will coordinate a campaign entitled "Respect MY Identity" to raise awareness and educate the University community on issues pertaining to gender identity and expression. Look for the Respect My Identity logo on promotions to know if the event or program is part of the campaign! Funding support for Respect My Identity was provided by JustFundKY.
2014-2015 ACTIVITIES (Updated Periodically)
- August 18, 2014 - 10:00 a.m. - Mocktails Make a Really Great Beginning - Curris Center Theatre (in collaboration with Student Life, Health Services, and the Bauernfeind Student Recreation and Wellness Center) - Mocktails Flier - Mocktails Facebook Event
- September 16, 2014 - 7:30 p.m. - Conversation and Dessert featuring Mara Keisling's Radically Candid View on Transgender Equality - Curris Center Small Ballroom (in collaboration with Gender and Diversity Studies, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Women's Center, MSU Alliance, School of Nursing and Health Professions, Department of Political Science and Sociology, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, and Health Services) - Conversation Flier
- October 11, 2014 - 8:00 a.m. - Homecoming Parade - Downtown Murray (in collaboration with MSU Alliance)
- October 13, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - The Female "O": I love female orgasm - Curris Center Theatre (in collaboration with the Women's Center and MSU Alliance) - more information about this program can be found on their website.
- October 14, 2014 - 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. - "It Gets Better" by Us Making It Better: Inclusion and Affirmation (part of West Kentucky Community and Technical College's Diversity and Inclusion Program Series) - WKCTC Emerging Technology Center, Room 109 (2:00 p.m.) and MSU Paducah Regional Campus (7:00 p.m.) - Series Publication
- October 23, 2014 - 7:00 p.m. - Panel Discussion on the Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby - Richmond College South Common Room
- November 19, 2014 - 7:30 p.m. - "Microaggressions: The New Face of Discrimination" Film Showing and Brief Discussion - Curris Center Barkley Room (in collaboration with the Women's Center) - Free Admission - Microaggressions Flier
- December 1, 2014 - RacerRed - (in collaboration with MSU Alliance) Flier Coming Soon!
6:30 p.m. - AIDS Walk - Steps of Lovett Auditorium - Free Participation
7:00 p.m. - Red Tie Affair - Curris Center Small Ballroom - Enjoy dinner while watching a short film entitled "Reporter Zero" followed by brief remarks from Andrew Halford, Executive Director of Heartland CARES, Inc. - Tickets are $10 and will be sold in October and November.
- February 4-8, 2015 - All Day - Creating Change - Denver, CO (in collaboration with MSU Alliance) - More Information Coming Soon!
- February 21, 2015 - All Day - Out in Front - Nashville, TN (in collaboration with MSU Alliance) - More Information Coming Soon!
- March 20-22, 2015 - All Day - Come Together Kentucky - Highland Heights, KY (in collaboration with MSU Alliance) - More Information Coming Soon!
- April 11, 2015 - 7:00 p.m. - Celebrate & Support a Fair KY - Cadiz, KY (annual fundraiser for LGBT Programming - more information will be posted on the event's website as it becomes available)
- May 1, 2015 - 12:00 p.m. - Lavender Celebration - Curris Center Commonwealth Suite - More Information Coming Soon!
Today's workplace, regardless of your chosen profession, demands an awareness of, and an appreciation for, the spectrum of issues related to gender and diversity. If you are interested in studying more about this, we encourage your to visit our Gender and Diversity Studies Program and join their email listserv.