Utility Failure

In a case of utility failure (electricity, water, gas or telephone), immediately call Facilities Management at 4291. If no answer call MSU Police at 2222.

  1. If phone service has been affected, attempt to use the university's computer network, if available.
  2. In cases involving persons trapped in elevators, call MSU Police at 911.
In every case, be prepared to give:
  • Building name
  • Building location
  • Floor number
  • Room number (if applicable)
  • Nature of problem
  • Contact person or telephone extension

Remain in place until notified by the building emergency coordinator.  While emergency lighting is activated, exit stairs and exit doors should be illuminated.

Emergency lighting is temporary and is not provided to continue building operations.  The building emergency coordinator or department chair will determine if employees should continue working or leave the building.