Racer Promise Tuition Program
Beginning with the Fall 2014 semester, entering first-time freshmen from the 18-county service region may be eligible for the Racer Promise tuition program. The program covers eight semesters, or the first undergraduate degree (whichever comes first) of tuition and mandatory fees only for students demonstrating financial need. Web classes, course fees and other costs such as housing, meals, books, etc., are not covered. The program is only available beginning with the fall semester of each academic year.
- Kentucky resident in Murray State University's (MSU) 18-county service region.
- Be entering college as a first-time freshmen.*
- Be eligible and receive the Federal Pell Grant Program.
- Be awarded and receive the Kentucky CAP Grant and KEES funding.
- Complete the Racer Promise application in the MSU scholarship system (STARS) by January 15 (extended to January 24) along with applying for other available scholarships.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 31.**
- Take a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester.
- Maintain the minimum standards of MSU's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative MSU GPA of 2.5 based on grades earned at MSU.
- In order to offset a student's tuition expenses, other MSU scholarships may be used to close the gap. If a student is receiving other MSU scholarships, he/she must meet those requirements as stated in those specific guidelines in order to continue in the Racer Promise Program.
Note: There is no age limit for participation, provided the applicant is a first-time freshman when entering the program. Eligible recipients must reapply each year and meet all requirements to maintain eligibility.
*Applicants will not be disqualified as first-time freshmen if they have credit through advanced placement or dual credit courses or have taken community college courses in the summer between high school graduating and MSU enrollment. Incoming transfer students are not eligible for the program. Must apply to MSU by January 15 (extended to January 24).
**Financial Aid Office receipt of ALL required verification documents by May 1, which include, but are not limited to: Documents to explain any individual circumstances as requested or required by May 1, including the Dependency Change Request Form, the Special Circumstance Form, and any supporting documentation as required by the MSU Financial Aid Office, and the completed and signed Statement of Income and Expense Form (if requested).