College and Career Readiness Summit
2015 College and Career Readiness Summit
June 16-17, 2015
8am - 3pm
Alexander Hall, Murray State University campus
The College and Career Readiness Summit is a two day professional development opportunity for regional educators. Over the course of two days, educators will have a chance to learn from other area teachers and experts in the field of education. For questions, please contact the Teacher Quality Institute at 270-809-2090.
TUESDAY • JUNE 16th
Ruby Payne’s A Framework for
Understanding Poverty, 5th Edition 2013
A sample of the session topics:
- Teacher Showcase: All-star lessons from high performing classroom teachers
- High Performing Schools: Sharing what works
- New and Beginning Teacher Sessions: Day 1 and beyond
- Teach Smart: Research-based strategies, best practices for the classroom, and effortless classroom management
- T2: Teaching with technology, Google Apps for Education sessions by KATE on both days.
- “A Little Help from My Friends”: share sessions specifically for practicing library media, school counselors, instructional coaches, FRYSC, school administration, and superintendents
- College and Career Readiness: Career pathways updates, KOSSA, COMPASS and industrial certifications
- Training Sessions: KTIP, Co-teaching, SBDM (new member and experienced member training)
Would you like to submit a session proposal? Click the link to get more information.