Social Work Conference
The 44th Annual National Institute on Social Work and Human Services in Rural Areas
National Rural Social Work Caucus
Rural Social Work and Education:
Educating and Practicing in a Time of Rapid Social, Cultural, and Political Change
The conference will be held at Murray State University’s regional campus in Paducah, Kentucky, from Wednesday, July 17, through Friday, July 19, 2019.
An itinerary with room information and times of presentations will be updated as the schedule of events is finalized. In the meantime, you may contact the conference organizers at email@example.com or 270-809-6286 with questions or concerns.Please click the subheadings below for more information.
Summary of Event
The National Institute on Social Work and Human Services is an annual event focusing broadly on social service provision to rural areas as well as on the strengths and resilience of rural people. Our conference theme this year is Rural Social Work and Education: Educating and Practicing in a Time of Rapid Social, Cultural, and Political Change. The conference is interested in receiving conference proposals that are responsive to this theme. We are particularly interested in proposals that address issues relating to:
- Improving health and human services in rural and frontier areas
- Sustainable employment in rural and frontier areas
- Collaborations between rural churches and rural social/human service providers
- Collaborations between extension services and rural social/human service providers
- Collaborations between education and rural social/human service providers
- Collaborations between health care providers and rural social/human service providers
- Collaborations between education and rural human/social service providers
- Collaborations between public health and rural/social service providers
- Effective practice approaches in rural areas
- Building social capital in rural areas
Please view the registration options below. Then, visit our online marketplace to complete your registration.
- General Registration: $235.00 (including Caucus membership)*
Also includes: sessions, CEU contact hours for social workers (others pending), t-shirt, coffee breaks, three lunches (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), and three dinners (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday).
*Multiple registrations (three or more from the same program) will receive a 20% discount. Participants must register together to get the discount.
- One-day Registration: $150.00
Includes: meals, sessions, CEUs, t-shirt, and coffee breaks; does NOT include Caucus membership
- Student Registration: $75.00 (NOT eligible for Caucus membership)
- Caucus Membership: $35.00*
Pay your annual dues now so that you don’t have to later, or pay to become a new member!
*Please note that if you are selecting "General Registration," your membership dues are included in that fee.
Submission for Presenters
Please provide the following information in one email message to Peg Pittman-Munke at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 31, 2019. Rolling acceptance - feel free to submit before the deadline!
- Abstract (50 words or fewer)
- Proposal (no more than 500 words)
- Learning outcomes (e.g., "At the end of this session, participants will be able to…")
- Presentation preference: Oral (long), Oral (short), Poster (see below), Panel
- Corresponding presenter’s name, position, and full contact information
- Additional presenters' names and positions
- Traditional Oral Presentation: 60 minutes with 15 minutes for questions/discussion
- Shorter Oral Presentation: 2-3 presentations grouped together in a 75-minute block
- Panel Presentation: 60 minutes with 15 minutes for questions/discussion
- Poster Presentation
**If you have a preferred day on which you would like to present, please state that date in your email submission.**
Here is a list of hotels offering reduced conference rates:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Hinkleville Road, Paducah, KY 42001
Rate: $99/night, excluding tax
Reserve a room online.
Use the code "2019 Rural Social Work Conference" to get the above rate.
- Hampton Inn, Coleman Crossing Circle, Paducah, KY 42001
Rate: $119 - $129/night, excluding tax
- Candlewood Suites Paducah, Coleman Crossing, Paducah, KY 42001
Rate: $94/night, excluding tax
- Drury Inn, Hinkleville Road, Paducah, KY 42001
Rate: $75/night, excluding tax
- Best Western, Husband Road, Paducah, KY 42001
Rate: $85 - 95/night, excluding tax
Activities in the Area
Check out the Paducah Convention and Visitor’s Bureau website for a comprehensive list of restaurants and things to do in the area.