Dr. James "Corky" Broughton
Courses Taught at Murray State
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Community Health
University of Maryland, 1987, Ph.D.- major- Therapeutic Recreation, minor- Rehab.
Memphis State University, 1980, endorsement- Special Education
Memphis State University, 1978, MS,- major- Therapeutic Recreation, minor- Rehab.
Lander University, 1977, BS,- Major- Health, Physical Education and Recreation, minor-Bio.
Certification and Licensure
- Current CPR- Red Cross (Adult)
- Professional Experience Prior to Murray State
- Professor at Memphis State University
- Special Education teacher- Child Development Center
- Assistant Director, Raymond Skinner Center for the Disabled Population- Memphis Parks and Recreation
- Clinical/Profession Focus
- Specialized in Spinal Cord injury, Therapeutic Recreation
- Research Focus
- Disabled Population, Social Media, Rehab issue
- Professional Organizations
- Southern District of AAHPERD
107 C Applied Science Bldg
Phone - (270) 809-6958