AITP (Association of Information Technology Professionals) met on Wednesday, January 25, 2012, to talk about this term's plans. The members decided tomeet formally once a week on the last Wednesday of each month at Curris Center at 4:30 pm.
They also decided to meet in the interim to complete the following projects
- Collect used printer cartridges for recycling. The funds raised can be used to support club events. Cartridges need to be brought to the CSIS offices and given to the adviser, Dr. Raj
- Collect used 3.5" diskettes for a craft project scheduled for the kywic conference in February 2012.
- Learn how to create web pages using content management systems like WordPress, Joomla etc so club members can take on projects as a service to the community. Clients may choose to donate funds to support AITP.
- VP Proehl has offered to help students with tutoring at Hart Lab on a regular basis on Wednesdays from 6:30pm. Others are welcome to join her. At this point we will tutor students in CSC101, 125, 199 and CIS243.
- President Middlebrook suggested that we design and order t-shirts for the club. All present agreed. Dr. Raj suggested that it be converted into a design competition with a prize for the best design. At the next meeting we will vote on the best design. "Put your design talent to work and bring your design to the next meeting in February" says Middlebrook.
Dr. Raj agreed to teach members the basics of CMS (item #3) on Wednesdays at 4:30pm in BB454. Interested members may contact Dr Raj for an account (email@example.com)
Communication: Secretary Smock volunteered to set up a FB page for AITP and promote it among the students. VP Proehl will take responsibility for emailing students about club activities.
The officers welcomed one new member and one renewal - Zhao Chai and Dolly Rickman.
The meeting ended with a game to test the knowledge of tech brands - logos were presented on a sheet of paper and the students were asked to guess the company name. It was quite a challenge and the highest anybody got was a 4 (out of 20)
The group adjourned at 5:30. The next meeting is scheduled for February 29 at 4:30PM.