Eye and Face Protection
To protect employee's eyes from harmful exposure to foreign objects, flying debris, splashes and particulate materials.
Eye protection shall be worn when:
- Working with power tools (drilling, grinding, sanding, welding, etc.)
- Working overhead (painting, changing light bulbs, ceiling tile, etc.)
- Using lawn care equipment (mowers, weed eaters, blowers, etc.)
- Using corrosive or irritant materials (drain cleaners, ammonia, etc.)
- Using other equipment or performing tasks where flying objects, splashing, or the generation of dust is likely.
Proper eye protection will be furnished by Facilities Management. It is the responsibility of the employee to wear eye protection when performing any of the above tasks.
Failure to follow these procedures could result in disciplinary action as outlined in Section VI-D of the Murray State University Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual.