The Department of Theatre offers several scholarships for majors in theatre and minors in dance. Freshmen and transfer students are eligible for the awards. The scholarships have various requirements and are allotted for various amounts of money. Many of the scholarships for upper class students are "reward" type scholarships. Money will be awarded to the students who do the most work in the productions offered by the department.
An audition for scholarship funds is required for all freshman and transfer students. Auditions are not required for admission to the program.
The following scholarships have been established for students in the Department of Theatre:
- The Betsy and Jerry Shroat Scholarship
- The Robert E. Johnson Memorial Scholarship
- The Anne Herron Memorial Scholarship
- The Michael Stallings Memorial Scholarship
- The Dianne O'Brien Dance Scholarship
- The Jackson Purchase Dance Scholarship
- The Bill Williams Scholarship
The Department of Theatre is very proud to offer these scholarships and monies are awarded to the top students in our program from these awards.