James Duane Bolin
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 1988
- M.A., University of Kentucky, 1982
- B.A., Belmont University 1978
- Bosses of the Bluegrass: Political Bosses and Their Machines in Kentucky History (under contract and forthcoming with the University Press of Kentucky)
- The Belmont Story, 1851-1951: Women’s Education in the South (under review at the University of Tennessee Press)
- Adolph Rupp and the Rise of Big-Time College Basketball in America (under contract and forthcoming in 2016)
- Home and Away: A Professor's Journal. Sikeston, Missouri: Acclaim Press, 2016)
- “The Woman Who Helps Blind Children See: Linda Neville and the Crusade to End Blindness in Kentucky.” Kentucky Women: Their Lives and Times. Ed., Melissa McEuen and Thomas H. Appleton, Jr. Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia Press, 2015.
- “In Search of the Humanities,” Regular Column in Kentucky Humanities Magazine (Spring, 2014-present)
- The Banner Years: Murray State Basketball, 1925-2012. Sikeston, Missori: Acclaim Press, 2013.
- Bossism and Reform in a Southern City: Lexington, Kentucky, 1880-1940 .Lexington, Kentucky: University Press of Kentucky, 2000. (Finalist for the Kentucky Historical Society’s Governor’s Award)
- Kentucky Baptists, 1925-2000: A Story of Cooperation. Brentwood and Nashville, Tennessee: Southern Baptist Historical Society and Fields Publishing Incorporated, 2000. (Winner of Award of Merit from the Kentucky Historical Society and the Historic Confederation of Kentucky)
- “Home and Away,” Weekly newspaper column for the Murray Ledger & Times (2005- present), the Providence Journal-Enterprise (2008-present), the Advocate-Messenger (2012-present), the Winchester Sun (2012-present), the Sebree Banner (2013-present)
- "`An Air of Tenseness’: Labor Strife and Tragedy in Kentucky's Western Coal Field," The Filson Club History Quarterly. January, 1999: 3-33.
- "The Sins of the Fathers: Clifton Rodes Breckinridge Remembers the Civil War," Civil War History. March, 1998: 35-51.
- "Clifton Rodes Breckinridge: ‘The Little Arkansas Giant,’" Arkansas Historical Quarterly. Winter, 1994: 407-427.
- "The Human Side: Politics, the Great Depression, and the New Deal in Lexington, Kentucky, 1929-1935." Register of the Kentucky Historical Society. Summer, 1992: 256-283.
- "From Mules to Motors: The Street Railway System in Lexington, Kentucky, 1882-1938." Register of the Kentucky Historical Society. Spring, 1989: 118-143.
- An Abiding Faith: A Sesquicentennial History of Providence, Kentucky, 1840-1990. Providence, Kentucky: Chamber of Commerce, 1990.
- History Transitions
- American Experience Before 1865
- American Experience Since 1865
- Sports in America
- Professional Engagement Senior Seminar
- Transformation of America 1877-1929
- History of Kentucky
- Sports History, especially Adolph Rupp and the Rise of Big-Time College Basketball;
- The Religious Faith of James Madison;
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, specifically his tour of the American South in 1930 and 1931;
- The History of Higher Education in America, particularly the American South