Dr. Bassam Atieh
Courses taught at Murray State
- OSH 425 Physical Agents
- OSH 450 Practical Application Lab.
- OSH 621 Industrial Hygiene and Safety Program Development
- OSH 626 Industrial Hygiene Sampling Strategies
- OSH 637 Biostatistics & Probability
- OSH 687 Fundamentals of Air and Water Pollution
- Doctor of Science (Sc.D.).
Environmental Health Sciences (Industrial Hygiene), Tulane University,
New Orleans, Louisiana (1989)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.).
Business Administration (Management), University of Texas of the Permian
Basin, Odessa, Texas (1981)
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H.).
Environmental Health (Occupational Health & Safety), University of
Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee (1977)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Magna Cum Laude.
Environmental Health Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk,
Professional experience prior to Murray State
- Post-Doctorate Fellowship in Industrial Hygiene
University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, (February 1990-December 1990).
- Instructor, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, American
University of Beirut Beirut, Lebanon (October 1983-August 1985).
- General Manager, Abbar and Zainy Company
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (February 1982-June 1983).
- Industrial Hygienist and Health Planner, Kuwait Oil Company
Ahmadi, Kuwait (June 1978-January 1980).
- Industrial Hygiene
- Research related to human exposure to harmful agents.
- Animal studies to determine the effects of pesticides (pets topical solutions) on humans and frequent handlers.
- American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA)