Internship Application Fee
The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
Graduate School Application Fee
Those applicants accepted into the dietetic internship program must apply to the Graduate School. The Graduate School application fee is $40. Applicants should not apply to the Graduate School until they have been accepted into the Dietetic Internship Program.
Other Expenses (in addition to institutional feeds and tuition):
- Murray State Dietetic Internship Program Fee: $300
- Membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and state affiliate: $63
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or the state-affiliate Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE): Estimated range of $250 and $1000 depending on registration fee and travel expenses
- Other DI-related meetings: Estimated range of $0 to $1000. Varies based on where the intern lives.
- Housing: Estimated range of $0 to $10,000. Estimate based on reports from prior interns. Interns live at home, with friends or relatives, or in a shared apartment.
- Textbooks and reference materials: Estimated range of $100 to $900. Most of the textbooks used in internship courses are the same textbooks the intern used in the undergraduate DPD program.
- Liability insurance: $0, paid for by the internship
- Medical exams, drug testing, background checks: Estimated range of $60 to $100. Varies based on the requirements of each supervised practice site.
- Travel to and from sites: Varies based on where the intern lives.
- Uniforms: Estimated range of $100 to $150. Varies based on the requirements of each supervised practice site.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) Registration Exam Prep Course: $430
Contact the Murray State Financial Aid office for questions about financial aid, scholarships, and loan deferment. Scholarship and financial aid information is also available from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Access to high speed internet at all times
- Office 2010 or higher installed on your computer
- Current versions of Java and Flash installed on your computer
- Supported browsers and plugins installed on your computer
- Meet additional requirements as listed here to be able to utilize Canvas (Murray State’s Learning Management System)