BSN - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
If you aspire to a career in nursing — to saving lives and making a difference — this four-year program at Murray State will prepare you for beginning levels of nurse practice and fulfill the educational requirements to write the state board licensing exam for registered nurses. There are three semesters of pre-requisite courses and five semesters of nursing courses. Clinical experiences also take place throughout the region and in a variety of settings to prepare you for life in the field.
Apply to earn your degree in nursing
The first step to apply is making an appointment with a member of the nursing faculty for advising. Contact your assigned adviser for an appointment or call the nursing department office at 270.809.2193 for information.
- Admission Requirements
- Admission Rubric
- BSN Application
- High School-Direct Admit Nursing Admission Application
- Fall semester deadline: May 1
- Spring semester deadline: December 1
Competitive, affordable tuition
- Communicates and collaborates effectively through oral, written, and technological methods.
- Provides leadership to advance the profession to meet healthcare needs of society.
- Practices safe and quality patient centered nursing care based on best evidence incorporating knowledge from a liberal education.
- Analyzes the current healthcare issues in a dynamic and global community as they impact nursing practice.
- Demonstrates professional values.