Bachelor of Science in Nursing
If you aspire to a career in nursing — to saving lives and making a difference — this four-year program at Murray State will prepare you for beginning levels of nurse practice and fulfill the educational requirements to write the state board licensing exam for registered nurses. There are three semesters of pre-requisite courses and five semesters of nursing courses. Clinical experiences also take place throughout the region and in a variety of settings to prepare you for life in the field.
Accredited, high-quality program.
The program is approved by the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Competitive, affordable tuition.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Sophomore standing of 47 semester hours of credit or more
- Pre-requisite courses:
- ENG 105
- MAT 140
- CHE 111
- BIO 227*
- BIO 228*
- BIO 229
- BIO 230
- COM 161
- PSY 180
- PHI 202
- NTN 230 and
- EDP 260
* BIO 101 is a pre-requisite to BIO 227/228 at Murray State
- A "C" or above in all course work required for B.S.N.
- Transfer students: Students requesting to transfer from another nursing program or who have attended another nursing program in the past must provide a letter from the previous program indicating that they are in good standing to be considered for admission to the BSN program at Murray State.
- Admission is determined based on the School of Nursing scoring rubric.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) is required for all non-licensed nursing applicants with English as a second language.
Ready to apply?
You must make an advisement appointment with a member of the nursing faculty. Contact your assigned adviser for an appointment or call the nursing department office at 270.809.2193 for information.
- Fall semester deadline: May 1.
- Spring semester deadline: December 1.
- Dr. Dana Todd, PhD, APRN
- BSN Program Director
The School of Nursing Main office can be reached at 270.809.2193.