Graduate Assistant Positions
Graduate students that meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for a graduate assistantship should follow the proper steps to completing an application:
- Contact your academic department for any openings
- View published openings, listed below, and contact the office directly
The ideal time to apply for graduate assistantships is May-June for the fall semester,
and November for the spring semester. Offices must have assistantship positions filled
by August 1 for the Fall semester.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal time to apply for graduate assistantships is May-June for the fall semester, and November for the spring semester. Offices must have assistantship positions filled by August 1 for the Fall semester.
Department: College of Education and Human Services, Dean's Office
Reports to: COEHS Director of Assessment and Accreditation
The Graduate Assistant (GA) in this position will assist the Director of Assessment and Accreditation in the College of Education and Human Services with activities related to teacher education accreditation. Responsibilities in this position include but are not limited to:
- General administrative support (data entry, scheduling, updating website and online
- Support of assessment and data management tools used for accreditation (e.g. Watermark Student Learning and Licensure)
- Assisting in the preparation of materials for Council for the Accreditation of Educator
Preparation (CAEP) accreditation which will include proofreading, editing, and creation of templates
- Creation of instructional videos and/or training resources
- Facilitation of data collection and analysis for accreditation reporting
Additionally, the Accreditation Graduate Assistant will provide support for specific projects which may include:
- Coordination with program faculty to determine validity and reliability of assessments
- Designing and conducting focus group interviews
- Creating data visualizations and organizational structures for website/data repository
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student in a graduate program at MSU
- Possess memory for verbal and written directions
- Show strong attention to detail
- Be able to work independently and accurately
- Experience with Google Workspace applications and Microsoft Office suite
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Be able to multi-task and quickly adjust to changing environments
- An interest in in higher education policy, assessment, and accreditation
- Preference is given to individuals with assessment and research related experience or coursework
This GA position is for 20 hours per week for the Spring 2022 semester beginning January 2022 and ending May 2022. A biweekly stipend will be provided. Position may be renewed, upon review, though not guaranteed.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, copy of unofficial transcript, and a
statement of interest describing skills and experiences related to the position to
Dr. Jessica Evans, COEHS Director of Assessment and Accreditation at email@example.com. Applications are accepted until the
position is filled.
Two positions available. Part-time (20 hours) Fall 2022 and Spring 2023
Graduate Assistant – Information Desk – University Libraries
Reports to: Murray State Research and Instruction Librarians
Work directly with MSU Research and Instruction Librarians to provide quality reference
and research services face to face, as well as via chat, email, phone, and Zoom at
the Waterfield Library Information Desk. This position supports students, faculty
and staff. Your role is important as this position is often the first face people
see when entering. Responsiveness and courtesy, as well as general knowledge of MSU
Library services and resources is important.
Independent work ethic and initiative also needed. Training will be provided. May include some nights and weekends.
- Assisting patrons with basic reference, research, referral, and related information seeking
- Assisting patrons via Zoom, chat, email, phone, and face-to-face
- Assisting patrons with computer and printer jobs
- Assisting patrons in submitting interlibrary loan forms, accessing catalog, locating
materials and full-text
- Open and close library during weekend shifts
- Completing other duties as needed.
- Hours – 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m., M-F, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Saturday, 1:00 p.m. –
- Hours – Preference given to applicants who can work daytime hours.
- Fully accepted, full time, enrolled graduate student
- Superior level of English proficiency, written and oral
- Experience using library databases and search tools, technology, and services.
- Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Must be Reliable, Personable, Patient, and Punctual
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and as a team
Accepting applications through July 15
Required documents: Resume
Optional documents: Cover letter, Reference letter(s)
Email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org through June and July, 2022. We will schedule Zoom or face to face interviews, depending on location.
Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity M/F/D, AA employer.