Graduate Assistant Positions
Graduate students that meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for a graduate assistantship should follow the proper steps to completing an application:
- Contact your academic department for any openings
- View published openings, listed below and contact the office directly
The ideal time to apply for graduate assistantships is May-June for the fall semester, and November for the spring semester. Offices must have assistantship positions filled by August 1 for the Fall semester.
Part-time (20 hours), Spring 2024
Applications will be accepted through January 3, 2024.
Work directly with MSU Research and Instruction Librarians to provide quality reference and research services face to face, as well as via chat, email, phone, and Zoom at the Waterfield Library Information Desk. This position supports students, faculty and staff. Your role is important as this position is often the first face people see when entering. Responsiveness and courtesy, as well as general knowledge of MSU Library services and resources is important. Independent work ethic and initiative also needed. Training will be provided. Includes one weekend shift and may include nights.
- Assisting patrons with basic reference, research, referral, and related information seeking
- Assisting patrons via Zoom, chat, email, phone, and face-to-face
- Assisting patrons with computer and printer jobs
- Assisting patrons in submitting interlibrary loan forms, accessing catalog, locating materials and full-text
- Open and close library during weekend shifts
- Completing other duties as needed.
- Hours – 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Fully accepted, full time, enrolled graduate student
- Superior level of English proficiency, written and oral
- Experience using library databases and search tools, technology, and services.
- Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
- Must be Reliable, Personable, Patient, and Punctual
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must have excellent customer service
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to both work independently and as a team
How to apply
- Cover letter
- Reference letter(s)
Please send your resume and cover letter to cvance4@murraystate through January 3rd.
We will schedule Zoom or face-to-face interviews, depending on location.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Murray State University is an equal education and employment opportunity M/F/D, AA employer.