History of Springer-Franklin College
Springer Hall was constructed in 1964 at a cost of $939,794.51. The hall was built to house 316 men. The building was named after Mr. O.B. Springer, a graduate of Murray State and presently a business man in Henderson, KY. Springer was a member on the Board of Regents from 1950-58 and 1960-70.
Franklin Hall was constructed in 1962-63 at a cost of $1,015,450.65. The hall was built to house 330 men. The building was named after Mr. Hollis C. Franklin, a banker from Marion, KY. He served on the Board of Regents from 1947-56.
In the fall of 1997, the two residence halls merged to form Springer-Franklin Residential College.
New Franklin Hall was constructed in 2015-2017 at the cost of approximately $28 million. The hall was built to house 388 students, and is home to exclusive Honor's College housing.
Springer-Franklin's mascot is the terrapin. Their colors are green and white, and there crest can be view below: