GSP Move Out | Murray State
Jul 13, 2023
Closing Day Schedule
The closing schedule for GSP-Murray is as follows:
Friday, July 28th
- 6:30 p.m.: Final Banquet (for scholars only)
- 10:00 p.m.: Community event (for scholars only)
Saturday, July 29th
- Mementos, including Closing Ceremony photos, campus flash drives, sweatshirts, etc., can be purchased at Lovett Auditorium prior to the start of the ceremony.
- 8:50 a.m.: All family and friends should be seated in Lovett Auditorium at this time.
- 9:00 a.m.: GSP-Murray Alumni Association Induction Ceremony
Move-Out Times and Procedures
There will be two (2) move-out times on Friday and Saturday, July 28th and July 29th. Your scholar must sign up for a move-out time on their residence hall during the weekend of July 21st – July 23rd. Please make your scholar aware of your preference.
1. Friday Night, July 28th: 10:15 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Your scholar must have all belongings packed and appropriately labeled by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, July 28th. They should keep all the necessities that they will require overnight, e.g. toiletries, GSP t-shirt, Saturday morning clothes.
Parents and/or family members will move out all packed/labeled items between 10:15 and 11:30 p.m. on Friday night, July 28th, while their scholar is at a community event.
Scholars who choose this move-out time will be able to depart campus almost immediately following the closing ceremony on Saturday morning, July 29th, which concludes no later than 11:00 a.m.
Before leaving campus, on Saturday, July 29th, all scholars must check out with their resident advisor and turn in their room key to Murray Housing Staff at the front desk.
2. Saturday Morning, July 29th: 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Your scholar must have all belongings packed and ready to move out by 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 29th.
Scholars and their families will move out all items immediately following Closing Ceremony on Saturday morning, July 29th, which concludes no later than 11:00 a.m.
Before leaving campus, all scholars must check out with their resident advisor and turn in their room key to Murray Housing Staff at the front desk.