Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Reporting / Emergency Grants to Students
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERFIII) Reporting American Rescue Plan (ARP) Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
The following information is provided to comply with the Department of Education’s ARP Act reporting requirements.
Report Date: March 31, 2022
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. Murray State University signed and returned the Certification and Agreement to the Department of Education on April 13, 2020.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution's Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. $9,080,843
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of December 31, 2021. $6,630,750
- The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. 8,172
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. 6,458
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs. Murray State University reviewed undergraduate and graduate students enrolled for fall 2021 and Spring 2022. Degree seeking undergraduate and graduate students were reviewed based on a combination of their classification (UG or GR) and their EFC (if available) and received an emergency student grant from ARP. The maximum award amount was $1,500 per semester.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
This email is to notify you that you have received a HEERF III Emergency Student Grant from The Federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, part of the American Rescue Plan, in the amount of $______. Your award amount was based on your student classification and/or your Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) from your 2021-22 FAFSA.
Institutions of higher education were authorized to provide emergency financial aid grants to students in need of assistance with items included in the cost of attendance, such as food, housing, tuition, course materials, and technology.
Please complete the form below to initiate the acceptance of the HEERF III Emergency Student Grant. You must be signed into YOUR MSU Racermail before you submit the form. Once the form is submitted, no changes can be accepted. Please do not forward this email, as eligible students will receive an email from our office.