After being admitted, you will receive from us a document certifying that you have been accepted as a student or visiting scholar. This documentation certifies that you are eligible to apply for a visa from the U.S. consulate nearest your home. If you receive an I-20 form, your visa classification will be F-1. If you receive a DS -2019 form, your visa classification will be J-1. Because you will be dealing with immigration regulations from the moment you visit the U.S. consular office to obtain your visa and throughout your stay with us, you need to understand a few things about these documents and the importance of keeping them current and correct.
- I-20 or DS-2019 (& letter of invitation)
- Financial Support Documentation
- Documentation proving your desire to return to your country after you complete your studies
- Documentation of test scores such as TOEFL and any Graduate school tests you may have taken
- Copies of transcripts from your High School or other university work