The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the university. The Bursar's Office is located on the first floor of Sparks Hall.
Sparks Hall is located on the corner of 15th Street and Main Street. Our building is wheelchair accessible. Visitor parking and posted handicapped parking spaces are available.
Important changes coming Fall 2016Click the arrow for more information
Undergraduate Tuition and Fee Calculation Changes
For the Spring 2017 semester, the first set of refund checks (for students with credit balances after the disbursement of aid) should be available beginning February 1, 2017.
- Students are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit in order to receive refund checks in a timely manner. Direct deposit signup is available via myGate/Money Tab/Student Refunds/Direct Deposit Signup.
- Students will be allowed to charge books to their student account at the Murray State University Bookstore.
- Students who live off campus may email the Bursar at email@example.com for an official letter which can be provided to landlords documenting the changes in the availability of refund checks.
Federal/state aid and scholarship payments to eligible students’ accounts will begin after the drop/add period, which is after the 5th day of classes.
Check your email
In accordance with Murray State's policy on university communication through email - your Murray State email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the official means of communication by the university and the Bursar's Office. This is the email account where we will send your e-bills and any other notification from our office. Make sure to check your email and review your account regularly to avoid future issues.
Bursar's Office Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. CST (August - May)
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. CST (June - July)
Exact dates will vary depending on Memorial Day and the last day of summer school.
Bursar's Office Main Line: (270) 809-4227
Consent to release
Students can fill out a Consent to Release Student Information Form to distinguish which individuals Murray State may speak with. The form can be filled out online through the student's MyGate account under the Academics tab.