Veteran and Military Student Success
Murray State University welcomes veterans who have made sacrifices serving our country. As a G.I. Job's Military Friendly School, we are ready to support our military families during their transition to student life. We are the point of contact on campus for all veteran issues. We will work hard to help you get the education you deserve and plan for the future you want. Let us help you prepare for the next chapter of your life. When you are ready for this all-important step, we are ready for you.
Murray State offers:
- Dedicated school certifying official as a liaison with the U.S. Dept. of Veteran & Military Student Success and KY Dept. of Veteran & Military Student Success
- In-state tuition rates to qualified veterans and dependents
- Veteran Student Organization
- Veterans lounge
- Active duty undergraduate admission fee waiver
- Tuition assistance and VA education benefits
- College credit for military training
- Specialized payment plan options for those receiving VA education benefits
- Free graduation cords for veterans
- Personalized advising, career planning and placement
- Flexible schedule: day, evening, weekend and online classes
- Support services: free counseling, tutoring, disability services, free limited student health services
- Free counseling services: PTSD trained staff on site
- Psychological Center: focusing on individual and family therapy
Military Training and VA Absence Policy
Murray State University is extremely proud of its long standing relationship with the men and women in uniform that bravely serve this country. To further support these students, Murray State is committed to make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to students who must be absent from class due to military obligations or required medical treatment for service-connected conditions. Please read the training and absence policy located in the Academic Bulletin on the Office of the Registrar website.
To be considered for federal student aid for the 2019-2020 award year, you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between October 1, 2018 and midnight Central Time, June 30, 2020. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight Central Time, September 14, 2019.
However, many states and colleges have earlier deadlines for applying for state and institutional financial aid. You can find your state’s deadline at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa#deadlines. Check with your college about its deadlines.
Because of the variation in state and college deadlines, it is highly recommended that you fill out the FAFSA as soon as you can after October 1 to ensure that you do not miss out on available aid.
Contact Our Office
- Office of Veteran and
Military Student Success
- Office Hours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
The Department of Veteran & Military Student Success and Education have launched an online feedback tool to provide a centralized system for veterans, service members and eligible family members to file student complaints. For more information, students can access the feedback link at: benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/Feedback.asp