Veteran & Military Student Success
Murray State University welcomes veterans who have served and continue to serve our country. US News has ranked Murray State University 14th for the 2021 year as the Best Colleges for Veterans. Also as a G.I. Job's Military Friendly School, we are ready to support our military families during their transition to student life. We work hard to help you get the education you deserve and plan for the future you want. Let us help you prepare for the next chapter of your life. When you are ready for this all-important step, we are ready for you.
Murray State offers:
- Dedicated school certifying official as a liaison with the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs and Kentucky Department of Veteran Affairs
- In-state tuition rates to qualified veterans and dependents
- Veteran Student Organization
- Veterans lounge
- Active duty undergraduate admission fee waiver
- Tuition assistance and VA education benefits
- College credit for military training
- Specialized payment plan options for those receiving VA education benefits
- Free graduation cords for veterans
- Personalized advising, career planning and placement
- Flexible schedule: day, evening, weekend and online classes
- Support services: free counseling, tutoring, disability services, free limited student health services
- Free counseling services: PTSD trained staff on site
- Psychological Center: focusing on individual and family therapy
Office of Veteran and Military Student Success
- Provides up-to-date and detailed information about your VA benefit/s
- Referral Services include:
Military Training and VA Absence Policy
Murray State University is extremely proud of its long standing relationship with the men and women in uniform that bravely serve this country. To further support these students, Murray State is committed to make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to students who must be absent from class due to military obligations or required medical treatment for service-connected conditions. Please read the training and absence policy located in the Academic Bulletin on the Office of the Registrar website.
To be considered for federal student aid for the 2021-2022 award year, you can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between October 1 and midnight Central Time, June 30.
Tuition and costs
Murray State University is pleased to provide this net price calculator as a guide to assist in early financial planning for college. This calculator will provide a preliminary estimate of federal, state and institutional aid eligibility, to help families gauge what aid the student may be awarded and to make arrangements to cover the cost of attendance.
va.gov - Check eligibility, apply and obtain information on VA benefits at for benefits
ebenefits.va.gov - Track and monitor processing and approved benefits
milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect - Active Duty personnel transfer of Post 9/11 GI Bill ® to spouse and/or dependent/s.
- Kentucky State Tuition Wavier
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) - JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service members military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations
The Department of Veteran Affairs have launched an online feedback tool to provide a centralized system for veterans, service members and eligible family members to file student complaints.
All recruitment efforts are aligned and in accordance with the Department of Education 34 CFR section 668 policy. Advisory services are trained and qualified per interdepartmental standards and as required by each individual’s role. Further information is available upon request.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.