Experimental course information
On occasion, departments wish to offer a new course on an experimental basis before making the determination that the course should be a permanent one. In that case, please use the following procedure for an EXPERIMENTAL COURSE.
- Complete Academic Course Proposal --being sure to indicate that the course is experimental.
- Attach a course syllabus.
- Department chair and dean must sign this form.
- Send the form and attachments directly to the Office of the Provost for review.
- If the Provost approves the course, the experimental course proposal will be forwarded to the Academic Council for inclusion on the agenda as an information item.
- If the Provost does not approve the proposal, you will be informed immediately.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Experimental courses may be offered only ONE TIME.
- After an experimental course has been offered one time, the course must then be submitted to the Academic Council as a regular course, and approved by the appropriate standing committee and the Academic Council as a whole.
- Periodically, all experimental courses will be deleted from the Murray State course inventory and this deletion will be reported to the CPE.