About careers in mathematics and statistics
The question "What jobs are available for a graduate with a major in Mathematics?" does not have a straightforward answer because Mathematics is an integral part of so many different occupations, and many times not so explicitly as to be readily identifiable as a mathematical career. As a beginning, the following documents and links give one a quick overview of the broad areas of occupations in Mathematics, some specific titles of the jobs available in these areas, and some sectors that hire people with these skills. They accomplish these in slightly different ways. Some provide insight into minors or double majors or activities that would be valuable for that occupation; one suggests areas of interest based on what kinds of Mathematics courses you enjoy the most. Several provide information about the occupations, and give links to jobs-sites and to further information.
- A List of Careers in Mathematics
- Links and Job Search Resources For Mathematics
- What Can I Do With This Major in Mathematics
- Careers in the Mathematical Sciences from K-State
- Careers in Mathematics... from ToroidalSnark
- The career page at UC Davis
The ACT provides a career map.