Admission will be based on academic performance. A minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale) is required.
Transfer credit will only be awarded if the student attended a regionally accredited (as recognized by Murray State) institution of higher education.
For transfer students who have less than 24 degree credit hours earned when applying to Murray State University, freshmen admission requirements must also be met.
Completion of the following pre-college curriculum*:
- English I, II, III and IV (or AP English)
- Algebra I, Algebra II and Geometry
- 1 life science, 1 physical science and 1 earth/space science (one of these must have a lab)
- Any 3 of the following: US History, economics, government, world geography or world civilization
- ½ unit of health
- ½ unit of physical education
- 1 unit of history and appreciation of visual/performing arts
- 5 electives
For students graduated from high school in 2004 or later, two units of one foreign language
Kentucky residents under the age of 21 must complete the state-mandated pre-college curriculum. Applicants who are not residents of Kentucky must complete a comparable college-preparatory curriculum.
Ranking in top half of graduating class or cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
ACT composite of 18 or above.
In addition to completing the application, you need to submit the following additional items:
- Nonrefundable $40 application fee (Payable to Murray State by check, money order, or online if you complete the online application)
- Official College Transcripts (Have all previous colleges (even if you withdrew) submit your official transcripts to Murray State by mail (they may, in addition to mail, fax your transcripts) to the appropriate campus location at which you plan to attend classes.)
- Residency Documents
- Copy of driver's license Other documents may be required by Undergraduate Admissions; you will receive notification if additional residency documentation is necessary.
- Official high school transcript or official copy of GED test scores
- Official copy of standardized ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer test score
Please submit the admission documents listed above to:
Undergraduate Bulletin and Degree Audit Report
All official policies and procedures are outlined in the Murray State University Undergraduate Bulletin.
RACR- Racer Academic Completion Report
After being admitted, your transfer credits will be evaluated. A formal evaluation of your college credit (RACR) will be available through myGate for you and your assigned advisor. The RACR will be helpful in meeting with your advisor and scheduling classes as it will provide you with a list of your credits from your previous college and how they apply to your degree program at Murray State University.