Black Alumni Network
Black Alumni Network
The Murray State University Black Alumni Network (BAN) is the first-ever affinity group within the Murray State University Alumni Association. BAN was formed out of the Black Alumni Reunion, which was established to connect Black alumni and support current Black MSU students. Anyone who has attended Murray State University is considered an alumnus and, as such, is eligible for membership in the BAN. To be inclusive, the BAN encourages Black alumni, including current students, their families, and faculty and staff who identify as Black or have a heart for the BAN mission, to get involved with the group.
Black Alumni Network serves to:
- foster a strengthened sense of community among Black alumni and Murray State University
- provide and promote opportunities for Black alumni to grow personal and professional networks
- empower and provide support for current MSU Black students through mentorship and endowment of scholarships
- acknowledge the rich history, contributions, and struggles while celebrating the accomplishments of Black MSU alumni
- support efforts to recruit and retain diverse faculty, staff, administrators and students
We need your support to implement our top 3 initiatives of 1) alumni engagement/networking, 2) scholarship support, and 3) mentoring. The Black Alumni Network supports our programming, Murray State initiatives, and other activities that foster inclusion. Thank you for your consideration and continued support.
For more information on becoming an active and engaged member of the MSU Black Alumni Family please contact us at email@example.com.
In October of 2021, the MSUAA Black Alumni Network led a special fundraising campaign to honor the 65th anniversary of the first Black student on Murray State’s campus. The intent of the $65 for 65th Anniversary Campaign was to build upon this legacy by securing gifts and pledges to support Black Alumni Network programming, educational opportunities and events for MSU Black alumni and students and student scholarships. That work continues today as we celebrate the latter half of our 6th decade of Black Excellence at Murray State. Please consider making a gift of any amount today.
If you prefer to give using a check, please make it out to Murray State University and write Black Alumni Network in the subject line. Checks can be mailed to the Murray State University Alumni Center, attention: Alumni Relations Director Carrie McGinnis, at 100 Easley Alumni Center, Murray, KY, 42071. For more information on becoming an active and engaged member of the MSU Black Alumni Family please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black Alumni Executive Network
Current Black Alumni Executive Network Members include:
- Daffney Moore (’97) – President
- Pam Butler (’79, ’81, ’84) – Vice President of Membership
- Felicia Ford (’96) – Secretary/Treasurer