Black Alumni Network
Black Alumni Network
The Murray State University Black Alumni Network (BAN) is the first-ever affinity group within the Murray State University Alumni Association. BAN was formed out of the Black Alumni Reunion, which was established to connect Black alumni and support current Black MSU students. Anyone who has attended Murray State University is considered an alumnus and, as such, is eligible for membership in the BAN. To be inclusive, the BAN encourages Black alumni, including current students, their families, and faculty and staff who identify as Black or have a heart for the BAN mission, to get involved with the group.
Join the Murray State Alumni Association
Black Alumni Network serves to:
- foster a strengthened sense of community among Black alumni and Murray State University
- provide and promote opportunities for Black alumni to grow personal and professional networks
- empower and provide support for current MSU Black students through mentorship and endowment of scholarships
- acknowledge the rich history, contributions, and struggles while celebrating the accomplishments of Black MSU alumni
- support efforts to recruit and retain a diverse faculty, staff, and students
We need your support to implement our top 3 initiatives of 1) alumni engagement/networking, 2) scholarship support, and 3) mentoring. The Black Alumni Network supports our programming, Murray State initiatives, and other activities that foster inclusion.
Thank you for your consideration and continued support. For more information on becoming an active and engaged member of the MSU Black Alumni Family please contact us at email@example.com.
$65 for 65 Anniversary Campaign
The Black Alumni Network at Murray State University is leading a special fundraising campaign in honor of the 65th anniversary of the first Black student on Murray State’s campus. The $65 for 65th Anniversary Campaign is intended to build upon this legacy of Black Excellence by securing gifts and pledges supporting the Black Alumni Network, in order to create programming, educational opportunities and events for students and alumni. Additional funds would be used to work with the University to obtain a permanent space to house Black History and memorabilia, as well as a gathering space for Black alumni.
$65 for 65th Anniversary Giving options include, but are not limited to:
- I would like to make a contribution of $65 per month for the next 12 months.
- I would like to make a one-time contribution of $65
- I would like to make a one-time donation of any amount to the Black Alumni
Thank you for your consideration and continued support. If you prefer to give using a check, please make it out to Murray State University and write Black Alumni Network in the subject line. Checks can be mailed to the Murray State University Alumni Center, attention: Alumni Relations Director Carrie McGinnis, at 100 Easley Alumni Center, Murray, KY, 42071. For more information on becoming an active and engaged member of the MSU Black Alumni Family please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Black Alumni Executive Network
Current Black Alumni Executive Network Members include:
- Daffney Moore (’97) – President
- Pam Butler (’79, ’81, ’84) – Vice President of Membership
- Felicia Ford (’96) – Secretary/Treasurer