The Office of Research and Creative Activity
Fall and Spring Scholars Week 2019-2020
During a designated week each semester, the Murray State community is encouraged to interact with showcases of academic and creative endeavors from our undergraduate and graduate students. Important dates for this academic year's Fall and Spring Scholars Week are as follows.
- Spring Scholars Week: April 13-17, 2020
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: March 26, 2020 by 5PM
- View last year's schedule: tinyurl.com/MSUSpringScholarsWeek19
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Scholars Week: November 11-15, 2019
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract: October 24, 2019 by 5PM
- View last year's schedule: tinyurl.com/MSUFallScholarsWeek18
2019-2020 Research and Travel Grants
All grant funds for the 2019-2020 year have now been claimed, effective 1-23-20. ORCA is pleased to announce the return of research and travel grants for students mentored by Murray State faculty members. On August 20, 2019, we will begin to accept proposals for the 2019-2020 academic year at Murray State's Digital Commons. Proposal forms are available to download:
2019-2020 University Distinguished Mentor Award (UDMA)
The Office of Provost, in conjunction with the Office of Research and Creative Activity, is please to present the University Distinguished Mentor Award. This annual award will be presented to a member of Murray State's Faculty, nominated by their peers, in recognition of extraordinary efforts in the area of student mentoring, which is understood as a sustained partnership of mutual concern significantly fostering students’ intellectual, ethical and academic development above and beyond expectations of even excellent advising and teaching. Read more about the award and guidelines here.
- Deadline for nominations - January 30, 2020
- Deadline for nominees to submit information - February 13, 2020
- Award presented at Faculty Recognition Banquet - Thursday, April 16, 2020
19th Annual Posters-at-the-Capitol
Posters-at-the-Capitol is a showcase of 120+ unique scholarly efforts led by undergraduate students from each state-funded university in the Commonwealth. During the one-day event, students present their faculty-mentored projects to those responsible for crafting higher education policy in Kentucky. This event is proudly hosted by Murray State University.
- Thursday, March 5, 2020 in Frankfort, KY
- Deadline for students to submit an abstract is October 11, 2019 by 3PM CST/4PM EST
- View last year's accepted projects: http://digitalcommons.murraystate.edu/postersatthecapitol/2019/