The Office of Research and Creative Activity
page last modified on 10/21/2021
Fall/Spring Scholars Week 2021-22
During a designated week each semester, the Murray State community is encouraged to interact with showcases of academic and creative endeavors from our undergraduate and graduate students.
- Fall Scholars Week: Nov. 15-19, 2021
- Abstracts due Nov. 1, 2021
- Submissions at: https://digitalcommons.murraystate.edu/scholarsweek/
- Panels include:
- ORCA General Poster Session (Virtual, Asynchronous)
- Senior Nursing Poster Session (Virtual, Asynchronous)
- Images of Research Competition (On display in Waterfield Gallery Nov. 15-19)
- The Love of Learning Panel for The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (Monday 10:30-11:30 in Waterfield Gallery)
- Psychology: Completed & In-Process (Tuesday 9:30-12:30 in Waterfield Gallery)
- Public Relations: A Digital Poster Showcase of Research Proposals (Tuesday 12:30-1:30 in Waterfield Gallery)
- Liberal Arts Seminar (Tuesday 1:30-2:30 in Waterfield Gallery)
- Creative Writing (Tuesday 4:30-6:00 in Waterfield Gallery)
- Honors Senior Presentations (Wednesday & Thursday in Waterfield Gallery)
- Earth & Environmental Sciences Poster Session (Friday 1:30-3:30 in Waterfield Gallery)
2021-2022 Research and Travel Grants
ORCA is pleased to announce the return of research and travel grants for students mentored by Murray State faculty members. On August 17, 2021, we will begin accepting proposals for the 2021-2022 academic year at Murray State's Digital Commons for new research grants. We will accept travel grant proposals year-round, as long as funds are available. Individual students may be awarded up to $1000 in research grants and $800 in travel support grants during an individual academic year.
Proposal forms are available to download:
Posters-at-the-Capitol is a showcase of 80 unique scholarly efforts led by 160 undergraduate students from each state-funded university in the Commonwealth. During the one-day event, students present their faculty-mentored projects to those responsible for crafting higher education policy in Kentucky. This event is proudly hosted by Murray State University.
- Posters-at-the-Capitol is tentatively scheduled for March 3, 2022
- Deadline for submission of student abstracts is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 12, 2021
- Official acceptance and regrets will arrive no later than Jan. 21, 2022
2021-2022 University Distinguished Mentor Award (UDMA)
The Office of Provost, in conjunction with the Office of Research and Creative Activity, is please to present the University Distinguished Mentor Award. This annual award will be presented to a member of Murray State's Faculty, nominated by their peers, in recognition of extraordinary efforts in the area of student mentoring, which is understood as a sustained partnership of mutual concern significantly fostering students’ intellectual, ethical and academic development above and beyond expectations of even excellent advising and teaching. Read more about the award and guidelines here.
- Deadline for nominations - January 28, 2022
- Deadline for nominees to submit information - February 11, 2022
- Award presented at Faculty Recognition Banquet (tentative) - Thursday, April 14, 2022