Murray State University Police Department
The Murray State University Police Department is proud to serve as the guardians of the Racer Nation. Our website was designed to provide you with the information and tools to enhance your safety and assist us in our mission to keep you safe. Our 16 sworn officers and 24 support employees are dedicated to serving you in the most professional manner possible.
To support the educational mission of the University by making our community safe for its members to live, learn, and serve.
To be the best university police agency of our size in the nation by building trust, creating partnerships, and providing effective, caring, and courteous service.
- Integrity- We will live our personal and professional lives in a way that honors our role in the community by being honest in all we do.
- Respect- We honor our duty and those we serve by respecting the rights of others and by treating each individual fairly.
- Accountability- We expect to be held accountable for the decisions we make and actions we take by our community and each other.
- Compassion- We offer kindness and understanding in our service, attitude, and actions toward others.
- Excellence- We commit to performing at our best, always seeking to be better.
- Relationships- We can serve best when we have connections with the people we serve.
All Murray State University Police officers are certified through the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training. Murray State officers spend 6 months in the Kentucky Law Enforcement Basic Training Academy in Richmond, Kentucky before receiving their certification. All officers have law enforcement authority throughout Calloway County with their primary focus being the campus community.
The Murray State Police Department is accredited through the Kentucky Association of Chiefs of Police and has been accredited since 2007.
Police Communications Officers
The Murray State Police Communications section can properly be called the "hub" of the Police Department. The Communications section is operated 24-hours a day and is where the vast majority of first encounters from the University and general public originate.
Police Communications Officers are state certified police dispatchers through the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training. The Murray State Police Communications section is accredited through the Kentucky Association of Chiefs of Police, the first university police agency in Kentucky to receive accreditation.
Contact the Police Department at 270.809.2222.