Institute of Engineering
Engineer your opportunity.
There’s no better place to study engineering than Murray State University’s Institute of Engineering. With state-of-the-art equipment in our new 81,000-square-foot building, you’ll work with knowledgeable and supportive faculty and staff while earning your degree.
When it comes to picking your specific degree track, you have plenty of options.
- Engineering Physics (mechanical, electrical and aerospace engineering)
- Engineering Technology (architectural, civil, construction and environmental, electromechanical and manufacturing)
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Telecommunications Systems Management, recognized throughout Kentucky as a program of distinction.
If you’re unsure of a particular program within engineering, our faculty advisors will guide you through the process of selecting a specific program based on your passions, strengths and career goals. There are plenty of options at Murray State University for aspiring engineers to discover a lifetime success.
Our new Engineering and Physics Building opened to students, faculty and staff in the fall of 2017. This $35 million facility features
- modern classrooms
- the latest equipment
- collaborative laboratories
- innovative research spaces
- computer labs
- presentation studios
- instructional media support centers
“Being able to have the hands-on experience with engineering helps cement the ideas that we have been learning. With a new building and equipment, if you want to create or use the knowledge you’ve learned in school, Murray State is the perfect place.”
Our engineering physics program is EAC/ABET accredited and one of only 22 programs nationwide that carry this prestigious accreditation. Our civil engineering technology and construction engineering technology tracks are ETAC/ABET accredited.
Building the framework for your future.
Proof of the Institute of Engineering’s success is everywhere.
With life-changing internships and real-world opportunities, engineering graduates from Murray State are prepared for exceptional careers with competitive salaries.
Murray State Institute of Engineering students have received internships, and in some cases, future employment with the following:
- Briggs & Stratton
Make yourself at home.
Why should you attend Murray State?
- High-quality academics, facilities and technology of a larger institution, but with smaller class sizes and individualized attention
- A beautiful campus centrally located to major metropolitan areas like St. Louis, Nashville and Memphis
- Students come from across the state, country and world, representing 46 states and 57 countries
- $126 million in financial aid and scholarships awarded to students each year.*
*based on the University’s most recent reports
Learn more about becoming a Racer at murraystate.edu/myopportunity.
Schedule a campus visit.
Tour campus and connect with current engineering students and faculty and see the incredible opportunities waiting for you at Murray State.