Current and returning Racer Academy students
Fall Semester: August 16 - December 9, 2022
August 19-25, 2022
80% refund on dropped courses begins. See additional proration deadlines. No refunds are given after September 14.
August 22, 2022
Last day to add a class. Last day to drop a course with no grade listed on transcripts.
September 30, 2022
Title IX training for students due.
November 18, 2022
Last day to drop a full semester course with grade of "Withdraw" (W) and no impact on GPA.
December 2, 2022
December 3-9, 2022
Fall Semester: August to December
August 12, 2022
Deadline for returning Racer Academy students to submit Guidance Counselor/ Principal Approval Forms.
August 16, 2022
Full semester courses begin.
Forms and Flyers
- Admission Application for Racer Academy
- Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval Form return to Lisa Schmidt, email@example.com
- Withdrawal/Drop Form and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm it has been received.
- Guidance Counselor Flyer / Dates for Fall 2022
- Flyers and Promotional Material: Fall 2022 Google Drive
- Fall 2022 Online Course Options / University Studies
You can take a maximum of two courses each semester.
To view the current schedule of courses, follow these steps:
- View the Schedule of Courses and select the appropriate Term. Click Submit.
- Highlight the Subject that interests you or highlight all using the keyboard shortcut (CTRL+A).
- Click on the box next to Racer Academy.
- Click the blue Search button at the bottom of the page.
- Don't see the course listed that you need? Contact us at email@example.com to check on course availability.
All courses with a "R" at the beginning of the Section (Sec) are for Racer Academy students. Online courses are list as "Web" under Campus.
Frequently asked questions
- How much does it cost?
Racer Academy courses cost $91 per credit hour. Be sure to check with your guidance counselor to see if your course is eligible for a KHEEA scholarship or local grant. Some courses may require the purchase of additional materials such as a textbook.
If a parent(s) is employed by Murray State, a tuition waiver may be used to pay the course tuition.
- What do returning Racer Academy students need to do to register?
If you are a returning Racer Academy student, an e-mail from the guidance counselor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Guidance Counselor/Principal Approval form. This should be accompanied by an updated transcript. You do not need to submit another Admission Application.
If you're new to Racer Academy, follow these admission instructions.
- I'm registered! What comes next?
- You will be admitted when all required documents have been reviewed, and it is determined that admission requirements have been met.
- After you are admitted, you will receive an e-mail from Racer Academy Admissions with your Murray State ID (M number) and myGate password. Follow the instructions in this e-mail to get started! If you do not receive a letter or e-mail before classes start, contact the Service Desk at 270.809.2346.
- The Registrar's Office will register you in the course.
- Where will my class be taught?
Your course will be taught on Canvas. After you've registered, log-in to Canvas to see the course shell. (Your username is the first part of your Murray State e-mail address.) Course work will not be available until the first day of class or when it is published by your instructor. If you do not see the course, contact us as soon as possible! The Murray State Service Desk is always on hand to help. Just call 270.809.2346.
View the Canvas Student Guide
- How will Murray State contact me?
After you are admitted, check your Murray State email account regularly or forward it to an email account you do check. All official correspondence from the university will come to your Murray State email account.
- How do I pay my bill?
All billing statements are available to view on your myGate account. Notifications to your MSU e-mail account will be sent when bills are available to view. The Bursar's Office is responsible for the collection of all fees owed to the University. They can be reached at 270.809.4227.
If your high school would like to pay for your students, e-mail Amy Watters at email@example.com and provide your school's name, address, list of students to bill, and a contact person.
If you have scholarship questions, contact the Bursar's Office at 270.809.4227.
- Help! I can't log in!
If you need help logging in, call the Service Desk at 270.809.2346 and they will get you connected over the phone!
- How do I drop a course?
If you need to drop a class, submit the Racer Academy Withdrawal/Drop form to Kristi Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will send you a confirmation email when the drop is complete.
Important: Racer Academy courses cost $91 a credit hour. Depending on when you drop your course, you may be responsible for a portion or all of your tuition. View the proration of charges for the current semester and drop deadlines. If you do not drop your course before a certain date each semester, you will receive a letter grade in the course.
- I want to take a course but it isn't listed on the schedule.
Contact Lisa Schmidt at email@example.com for more information.
High schools – if you have 10 or more students who want to take course, please let us know.
- Can I come to campus?
Yes! You are welcome to join us on campus starting August 2021. You must follow all current safety guidelines put in place by the university.
Your responsibilities as a college student
College is hard. It is supposed to be that way. It will take time and commitment from you in order to do well in your class. Your challenge is to manage your time, family, and outside commitments in order to be successful in your course. Ask your professor and/or guidance counselor if you need help. Value your education and this great opportunity you have!
- Do well in your course. You will be taking a college course that may require more work than you are used to as a high school student. Remember that you will receive a failing grade on your transcript if you stop attending a class or never start. You must tell us if you need to drop a course or if you have any problems! Tutoring is available online for some courses.
- Know Racer Academy deadlines and procedures. Know when you can drop a course and not receive a grade. If you drop after that date, you may receive a failing grade! Know that there is a deadline after which you cannot drop a course and receive a tuition refund. After those dates, you will be responsible for payment!
- Check your Murray State e-mail regularly. All official correspondence will be sent to your Murray State e-mail address. If you do not check this account, you can have it forwarded to an account you do check.
- Take the Title IX training on Canvas. Racer Academy students are required to take Title IX training on Canvas each year. Not doing so will result in a registration hold. The Alcohol and Drug Education and Covid training is not required for dual credit students.
- What about grades? Your final grade is determined by your professor. Grades will be available to view on myGate at the end of the semester. If you have a concern, discuss this with your instructor immediately. Do not wait until the end of the semester!
Contact Racer Academy
Coordinator of Dual Credit and Special Populations
Center for Adult and Regional Education
For admission instructions and general questions
Billing and Scholarships
For billing and scholarship questions