Murray State University’s health services are provided by Primary Care Medical Center as of June 1, 2019. Health Services is located on the first floor of Wells Hall, facing the quad. A physician and staff will be on site during operating hours. Health services is available to faculty, staff and students.
|Day||Location||Fall and Spring semesters||Summer hours|
|Monday - Friday||
Main Office or Virtual
8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
|9 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|Monday - Friday||
1 - 4 p.m.
After-hours you can reach a physician at 270.809.3809 or use the new app (coming soon) to interact with medical staff.
COVID testing is completed each day at 4 p.m. If a student, faculty or staff member needs to be tested for COVID, please call: 270.809.3809 to schedule a virtual visit today.
The first priority for testing is given to individuals who are at high-risk of exposure to COVID-19 or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19. Like all health facilities in the community, Murray State Health Services/Primary Care/Village MD first asks for and accepts insurance; however if an individual cannot pay for a COVID-19 test, the University will cover these costs in full. Murray State Health Services/Primary Care/Village MD also does not charge an administrative fee for our students when they are seen.
We also allow students to be tested wherever they wish. At Murray State, we don’t charge but let the testing company bill their insurance for which there is to be no co-pay, balance billing, or student liability.
When there is a tele-visit in advance of the testing, it is to obtain key medical information about the student’s health, pre and post planning based upon the results of the COVID-19 testing for treatment and possible quarantine purposes, and the collection of data we are required to report timely.
Patients who visit the on-campus location and are in need of additional treatment or consultation will receive priority service at the Main Office located at 1000 South 12th Street presenting their Murray State RacerCard ID.
Primary Care will file insurance claims or provide services on a pay-per-visit basis for individuals who do not have or do not wish to use health insurance.
Self-pay for students without insurance or who do not wish to bill their insurance
The self-pay cost includes services like office visit, complete blood count, urinalysis, flu test, mono test, strep test, glucose, minor laceration repairs, wound, abscess drainage, and burn care.
Murray State University Health Services, through their partnership with Primary Care Medical Center, offers virtual visits through the below steps:
- Contact Primary Care Medical Center at 270.759.9200 to schedule your virtual visit.
- Make sure you have updated your insurance, mobile phone number and e-mail address with Primary Care Medical Center. If you are a new patient, you will be asked a series of questions to set up your profile prior to your telemedicine visit.
- Once you have scheduled your virtual visit, you will receive a text message or e-mail from your provider instructing you to click a link and register.
- You will be redirected to the Doxy.me to register. Doxy.me supports Safari or Google
Make sure your camera and microphone turned on “allow” in your privacy settings if you are using a mobile device. On a desktop, go to Settings—Safari—Camera (allow)-----Microphone (allow).
- Once on Doxy.me, enter your name and ‘check in’.
- You will be directed to your provider’s virtual waiting room.
- You will be alerted once connected with your provider for your virtual visit.
- Primary Care Medical Center
- Health Services
- 1st Floor of Wells