Theses and Dissertations Submission Process
Updated: April 20, 2018
It is the responsibility of the student and/or thesis advisor to monitor the submission and approval process. Please refer to the Guidelines for The Preparation of Master's Theses for further reference. Please follow the steps below to submit your thesis or dissertation.
- Submit a processing fee of $50 through Murray State University Marketplace.
- Schedule a defense about 6 weeks before the graduation date. Share your manuscript directly with the committee members.
- Fill out a Digital Commons formDigital Commons
Murray State's Digital Commons is a digital repository which collects, preserves and showcases the scholarship, research and creative thought of our University's students, staff and faculty. after your defense and revisions but no later than 15 business days before the graduation date. — Click on the 'Submit Research' link on the left-hand menu. You may need to create a new account. If you create a new account, you should receive an immediate email from @dc.bepress.com. The email will ask you to confirm your account registration. Once you log in, complete the form and upload an initial electronic copy of your manuscript.
- Sign Student Work License Form. Within two business days, you should receive an email
containing Digital CommonsDigital Commons
Murray State's Digital Commons is a digital repository which collects, preserves and showcases the scholarship, research and creative thought of our University's students, staff and faculty. and ProQuest/UMIProQuest/UMI
An online service that provides archiving, reference and on- demand copy services to the academic community. Student Work License Forms. You will need to digitally sign the Student Work License Forms by following the link on the email to Adobe Sign.
- The Office of Graduate Education will generate and route the signature page to all signers (thesis committee members, Collegiate Graduate Coordinator, Dean, University Graduate Coordinator, and the Provost).
- Keep in mind that any signer my ask you to revise your active manuscript. If so, upload a revised manuscript on Digital Commons.
Deadline for Spring 2018:
Processing fee must be submitted and a manuscript must be on Digital Commons by April 1, 2018
The Office of Graduate Education will notify you when the signature page is complete.
You will then have the option to print and bind your manuscript from Thesis on Demand. It is an online service provided by the HF Group. Please follow the instructions on the website. Typically an “on-demand” thesis costs
between $30-$45, depending on number of pages, color prints, pockets, and foldouts.
You may enter your credit card payment as well as appropriate shipping/billing addresses
and HF Group will mail the finished product to you, directly.
For frequently asked questions, please refer to Thesis on Demand FAQ page. If you have additional questions, contact HF Group at 800-334-3628 ext. 988 or Murray State Libraries' Senior Coordinator of Collection Services, Candee Rose, at 270-809-2187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.