TRiO Student Support Services Mission Statement
Student Support Services is a TRiO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The mission of the program is to increase college retention and graduation rates and ensure good academic standing of the participants it serves. Participants of the TRiO SSS program are academically at-risk, low-income, first-generation college students, and/or students with disabilities.
qualifies for SSS?
Students qualify by demonstrating a need for academic support and by meeting at least one of the following requirements:
- Be a first-generation college student (meaning neither parent has received a bachelor's degree);
- Meet federal guidelines for low-income status;
- Have a documented disability.
kind of services does SSS provide? Students will benefit from many of our academic services such as:
- Free individualized tutoring in general education areas;
- Personal development workshops such as stress management, study skills, and self-esteem;
- Career guidance and assistance with choosing a major, resume writing, and interview skills;
- Counseling for personal concerns, academic advising, and financial aid assistance;
- Assistance for students with disabilities which may include test proctors, note takers, and readers.
Blackburn 261 Phone:
270-809-4327 For more information please contact:
At Murray State University, SSS is funded to serve 186 low-income, first generation college students and students with disabilities.