For more details, see the Graduate Education site.
To apply for admissions to Murray State University, applicants may apply online or may download a printable application.
Graduate procedures overview
- Complete application online or complete a paper application and mail or fax. Both application methods require a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- A late fee of $75 will be charged if prospective student applies past the suggested registration date (January 4th for Spring 2012 semester)
- Request that an official transcript be mailed directly to Admissions from each college you have attended. If you attended Murray State and have previously had your college transcripts sent, you will not need to request new copies unless you are notified by Admissions that they are required.
- If you are from IL, IN, KY, MO, or TN mail a copy of your driver's license, and your most recent vehicle registration with your application. Admissions is required by KY statute to document residency for tuition purposes.
- If you have previously attended MSU under another name and you have not already requested an official name change, mail in with your application a copy of your social security card and the name change request form.
- If you are applying for any program in the field of Education, mail with your application a copy of your current teaching certificate.
Admission requirements for graduate students
Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
Minimum GPA of 2.25 for possible conditional admission
Approval of academic department
(Admissions submits documents to the department.)
Master of Arts: MA
Master of Arts in Education: MAE
Master of Arts in Teaching: MAT
Master of Business Administration: MBA
Master of Fine Arts: MFA
Master of Music Education: MME
Master of Public Administration: MPA
Master of Science: MS
Doctor of Nursing Practice: DNP
Specialist in Education: Ed.S
Programs are available for +30 and endorsements to certification programs
Consult the Graduate Program Admission Requirements page or the Graduate Bulletin for more information on specific fields available.
For further information, contact Graduate Admissions