The Department of Psychology at Murray State University has been an approved provider of Continuing Education courses for licensed psychologists and other mental health clinicians since 2011. We offer a broad range of speakers and topics that include not only clinical practice issues but also recent research findings in other basic and applied areas of psychology.
We are committed to offering the Murray State Department of Psychology as a resource to practitioners in the area by
- bringing them together regularly as a learning community to discuss emerging issues and best practices and other board-required topics (e.g., suicide assessment and prevention, domestic violence);
- introducing them to other providers to help create an informal consultation network regarding ethical issues and complicated cases; and
- offering free and low cost CE courses to local practitioners and students.
Parking for CE Events
Those attending CE events need to register for a visitor parking permit in order to park on campus. You may register for a visitor permit by calling MSU Parking Services at 270.809.4812 and providing your license plate number and email address. Parking permits are electronic and linked to the license plate number on your vehicle, no paper tag needed.
2020-2021 CE Events
Oct. 29, 2020: Brummer Psychology Colloquium - Dr. Danica Slavish
No Two Nights are the Same: Causes and Consequences of Variability in Sleep
Dr. Danica Slavish
University of North Texas
Thur. Nov. 29, 2020, 6pm
Zoom (click the link)
1 CE credit, free of charge
Continuing Education learning objectives:
- Participants will identify variability in sleep as a unique facet of disturbed sleep and understand the potential causes and health consequences of variability in sleep.
- Participants will learn how inflammation may be a mechanism linking variability in sleep and chronic disease.
- Participants will understand how sleep patterns have changed since COVID-19.
Feedback form (please submit after the presentation in order to receive CE credit)
Murray State University Department of Psychology is approved by the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology (KBEP) to sponsor continuing education for credential holders. MSU Dept. of Psychology maintains responsibility for this program and its content.