To Murray State students and alumni,
Like many of you, we have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). Murray State University has made the decision to temporarily halt in-person services, which includes our resources within Murray State University Career Services, until early-April. We understand that the impact of COVID-19 may cause some concern among students, especially those soon to graduate who are seeking entry into the workforce. Staff within MSUCSO are doing everything within our power to assist you as you continue with your career preparation.
Our number one priority will always be the health and safety of our students, employers, and staff. Thus, we in Career Services wanted to share the following with all students.
- Job/Internship Applications: Handshake is still an available and robust resource for those seeking job and internship opportunities.
- Interviews: For those who have accepted an interview with a recruiter through our On-Campus Interviewing Program, we are ready to transition in-person meetings to virtual. MSUCSO staff will work directly with all candidates to provide alternatives utilizing various tools, such as Skype and Zoom.
- Information Sessions: Unfortunately, due to the lack of suitable alternatives, all employer networking and information sessions are canceled during this period.
- Currently Employed: Students presently working in an internship or job should check in with their employer to see if you should still report to work. For those earning credit for your internship, contact your academic coordinator for additional information.
Career Preparation Resources:
- Career Handbook: Access our Career Handbook online for assistance with interest clarification, resume development, mock interviews, and more.
- Currently Scheduled Appointments: We will convert all currently scheduled career advising appointments to virtual meetings. If you have an appointment, career advisors will contact you to discuss the best way to virtually connect as your meeting date approaches. We will not penalize you should you need to cancel your appointment for any reason.
- Walk-In Services: In lieu of walk-ins, clients are encouraged to make appointments during this time period. See below:
- New Appointments and Inquiries: The best way to schedule an appointment with Career Services is via Handshake. General questions may be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org and will be replied to as soon as practical.
- Resume Critiques: If you need your resume looked at please send it to email@example.com and we’ll get it back to you within 24-48 hours with comments and suggestions.
- Career Closet: Unfortunately, the Career Closet is closed until further notice and donations will not be accepted during this time.
- Career Labs: We will continue to offer Career Labs this semester via Zoom. The broadcast link will be sent to students who pre-register for these events on Handshake.
- Candid Career: You can still take advantage of thousands of informational interviews by checking out Candid Career on our student page.
Please continue to pay attention to the various email announcements from senior university leadership and visit https://murraystate.edu/healthupdate for further university-wide updates.
With Racer Pride,
Murray State University Career Services.
Career Services is here to help Racers in all aspects of their career development. We help students with questions like 'What should I major in?', 'How do I make a resume?', and 'How can I find an internship (or career)?'
How do we do this? We personally meet with students, speak in classes, and host seminars throughout the semester. Come to our events and connect with employers while you are in school!
Come to Career Services and start planning your future today!
What's Your Major?
Don't know yet? Already have an idea but wondering if it's the right fit?
Tell us about yourself in a quick survey and we'll generate a list of programs that we think might fit you best at Murray State University.
Take the survey at murraystate.mymajors.com
Spring 2020 Career Fairs
Agriculture Career Fair | Wednesday, February 5 | 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
All Majors & All Skills Career Fair | Tuesday, March 3 | 2:00 - 5:00 PM
STEM & OSH Career Fair | Wednesday, March 4 | 2:00 - 5:00 PM
Teacher Career Fair | Friday, March 13 | 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM