Holiday Session and Winter Term
Don't get left out in the cold!
- Convenience and flexibility - courses offered online. Complete classes from the comfort of home.
- Many holiday session and winter term courses available.
- Get ahead and stay ahead in your degree requirements.
(Part of Fall 2020)
November 23 to December 11
December 14 to January 6
- Register October 26 to December 14.
- You may take up to four credit hours in this term.
- Meet with a faculty member or your academic advisor to discuss course options.
- View available courses and register through your myGate account.
- Note: You can only enroll in a maximum of four credit hours each for the holiday session and winter term.
Please check the current schedule for the most up-to-date course information.
To find Holiday Session course offerings, select “Fall 2020,” select a subject (or multiple), then select “3 Week Holiday Session” in the Part of Term box. Click Search.
To view Winter Term course offerings, select “Winter 2020,” select a subject (or multiple), then Search.
Standard Rates for Holiday session and Winter Term
- Undergraduate Online: Online tuition is dependent on your residency and the semester of admission. Find detailed information on the Bursar's website. There is a $75 per credit hour fee in addition to tuition costs for all online courses.
- Graduate Online: Find detailed graduate tuition rates on the Bursar's website.
- Doctoral Online: $544 per credit hour plus $50 per credit hour web fee. See the Bursar's website.
- Financial Aid may be available during the Holiday Session if unused for the Fall semester; contact Student Financial Services to determine your eligibility.
- Financial Aid may be available during the Winter Term under limited circumstances. Contact Student Financial Services for more information.
If you are enrolled in fewer than 15 hours for the fall semester you can add holiday session classes at a reduced rate.
- If you are currently taking 12 credit hours - your next three hours are free or reduced tuition
- If you are currently taking 13 credit hours - your next two hours are free or reduced tuition
- If you are currently taking 14 credit hours - your next one hour is free or reduced tuition
- You must pay tuition for any credit hours above 15.
- Entire course is subject to web fee.
- Reduction dependent on proration of charges of Fall 2020 dropped courses.
Holiday Session Calendar
|Oct. 14 - Nov. 23||Registration Open through myGate - Academics tab.|
|Nov. 20||Payment due for Holiday session classes including financial aid recipients (regardless of receipt of bill).|
|Nov. 23||Holiday session begins. Last day to withdraw from Holiday session with no grade. (See Proration of Charges.) Last day to register for Holiday Session.|
|Nov. 25 - 27||University offices closed for holiday break.|
|Nov. 30||University reopens 8 a.m.|
|Dec. 8||Last day to drop course from Holiday session 2020. Complete the drop process electronically through myGate, Academics tab.|
|Dec. 11||Holiday session 2020 classes end.|
|Dec. 15||Holiday session 2020 grades available on myGate.|
Winter Term Calendar
|Oct. 26 - Dec. 14||Registration Open|
|Dec. 14||Winter session begins. Last day to register for Winter term. Last day to withdraw from Winter term with no grade. Complete the withdrawal process electronically through myGate, Academics tab; Withdraw from All Classes link. (See Proration of Charges.)|
|Dec. 17 - Jan. 3, 2021||University offices closed for holiday break.|
|Dec. 24, 25, 31 and Jan. 1||No winter classes.|
|Jan. 3||Last day to withdraw from Winter 2020 Term. Complete the withdrawal process electronically through myGate, Academics tab; Withdraw from All Classes link.|
|Jan. 5||University re-opens, 8 a.m.|
|Jan. 6||Winter 2020 classes end.|
|Jan. 9||Winter 2020 grades available on myGate.|
Library Hours: Check the University Libraries website for the most up-to-date information on availability.