Learning Goals of Academic Programs in Business
Bachelor of Science in Business / Bachelor of Arts in Business (BSB/BAB)
Goal 1: Fundamental Knowledge: Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of the core business disciplines.
Goal 2: Ethical Issues: Understand ethical dilemmas and how to address them.
- Objective 1: Recognize and analyze ethical dilemmas and propose solutions for practical business situations.
- Objective 2: Consider the consequences of business decisions with ethical implications on all stakeholders.
Goal 3: Practical Business Skills: Demonstrate proficiency in the application of practical business skills.
- Objective 1: Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills necessary for a professional business environment.
- Objective 2: Analyze business problems using appropriate software, data sources, and tools.
Goal 4: Global and Multicultural Dimensions: Demonstrate knowledge of the global and multicultural dimensions of the modern business environment.
- Objective 1: Identify the challenges of operating in a global environment.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate an understanding of global business concepts.
Goal 5: Problem-solving and Decision-making: Demonstrate effective problem-solving and decision-making skills in business situations.
- Objective 1: Demonstrate the ability to apply appropriate techniques to solve business problems.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate the ability to apply decision-making models and interpret the results.
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Goal 1: Body of knowledge in the various disciplines
Core Business Knowledge: Students will possess the current working body of knowledge in the business disciplines of Management, Marketing, Managerial Accounting, Managerial Economics, Corporate Finance, and Quantitative Management Science.
- COB shall be >= to the national mean on the ETS MFT.
- COB shall be >= the national mean on 3 of the 5 sub-groups.
Goal 2: Decision-making and problem-solving using technology
MBA students will be able to use decision-making and problem-solving processes after identifying, analyzing, and applying relevant data in the analysis of business problems..
- Apply relevant evaluation tools for decision-making and problem-solving
- Perform an analysis of business problems
- Make facts-based decisions
Goal 3: Written communication
Students will be able to effectively communicate ideas in writing.
- Reveals sound logic and organization.
- Exhibits a purpose and focus that is clear
- Develops ideas in a clear manner.
- Reveals a mastery of language, spelling, and grammar.
Goal 4: Ethics
Students will be able to incorporate the various ethical perspectives into their decision-making and problem- solving processes after identifying, analyzing, and applying relevant data and information.
- Identify, apply, and present various ethical perspectives to a current dilemma
- Identifies dilemma
- Considers stakeholders
- Analyzes alternatives/consequences
- Describes a desired action
Goal 5: Internationalization of business
Students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the impact of internationalization on businesses.
- Demonstrate an understanding of intercultural differences
- Evaluate business strategies in a global environment
Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)
Goal 1: Core IS Knowledge: Use Information Systems concepts to address business problems.
Goal 2: Business Analytics: Model and analyze data using various data analysis tools and methods.
Goal 3: Communication: Develop written and verbal communication skills.
Goal 4: Project Management: Plan Information Systems projects.
Goal 5: Problem Solving. Address complex issues in the global Information Systems context.