Vision and Mission
The Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business aspires to be one of the best regional business schools in the nation.
The Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business produces graduates with the practical skills needed to succeed in today’s workplace and the intellectual skills needed to adapt to and succeed in an ever-changing professional landscape. We provide excellent teaching and student learning opportunities, blending the range of educational opportunities often found at research institutions with the nurturing student-teacher interactions characteristic of smaller universities.
- Engaged Faculty - Faculty engaged in their discipline through teaching, research, service, and professional growth.
- Engaging External Stakeholders - Ongoing relationships and partnerships with our alumni, employers, industry, and other stakeholders.
- Enhancing our Community -Using our skills and resources to enhance our community and region
- Innovative and Responsive Curriculum - Producing graduates prepared for success
- Inclusivity - Providing opportunities for students to be exposed to others of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and beliefs.
- Global Awareness - Providing an awareness of global issues through classroom and study abroad opportunities.
Major mission revisions and broad-based stakeholder affirmations: Fall 2000, Fall 2003, Summer 2007, Summer 2008, Summer 2011, Fall 2011, Summer 2015, Summer 2021 (pending).
AACSB International Accredited Member
AACSB-International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) is the premier Management Education accrediting agency in the world. Our MBA has been AACSB accredited since 1981, making it one of the longest accredited programs in the country. AACSB accreditation is an important measure of the prestige of any business program (our undergraduate programs in business have been AACSB-accredited since 1976!).