Arthur J. Bauernfeind MBA Program
Arthur J. Bauernfeind Master of Business Administration
Our AACSB Accredited MBA Program has a long, rigorous and proud tradition of quality and excellence in business and management education, and a recognized capacity for meeting the educational needs and challenges of MBA students in the 21st Century. Although the quality of our MBA Program is self-evident, external validations of this quality abound. For instance, we have held continuous accreditation by AACSB-International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, since 1981, making ours one of the longest accredited MBA programs in the world. AACSB-International is the premier Management Education accrediting agency in the world, widely regarded as the “gold standard” for the prestige of any business program.
The AACSB-Accredited MBA Program offered in the Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business at Murray State University has a long and rigorous tradition of excellence in business and management education, and a recognized capacity for meeting the educational needs and challenges of MBA students in the 21st Century. Our specific comparative advantages and points of pride are the following:
- AACSB Accreditation: The world has over 16,000 business programs. Yet less than 5% of these are accredited
by AACSB-International: The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
(source). Murray State University is one of the 5% group of premier schools that are accredited
Find out here why AACSB accreditation matters.
- Quality at relatively Low Cost: While the quality of Murray State University’s MBA Program is well documented, many
people may not know that we have one of the most efficient cost-to-quality MBA ratios
in the country. Our on-campus tuition is competitively reasonable, as evident from
the tuition link given on this MBA website. Tuition for our 100% online MBA is one
of the lowest in the nation. Everyone (whether Kentucky resident or not) pays the
same tuition on our 100% online, AACSB-Accredited MBA.
- Your Careers: Our MBA students do find Jobs. We recognize that for our students, the MBA degree is not an end in itself, but
rather a means towards employment and promotion at the local, regional, national,
or international levels. While we are honest enough to admit that not 100% of our
MBA graduates get jobs within 3 months of graduation (the global economy is simply
such as it is), many of our graduates do get gainfully employed, eventually, in a
multitude of fields and specializations, at home and abroad. Earning an MBA does pay
off exponentially for your career, as recent research reported here by the Financial Times and here by CNBC attests.
- Non-Business Majors: For those whose undergraduate degree is NOT in Business—but rather in such non-business
areas as agriculture, education, engineering, chemistry, biology, occupational safety
and health, geography, physics, and mathematics, to name a few—please do not worry.
We offer the foundation courses 100% online, except for Calculus. See the MBA curriculum
link on this website for more details.
- Quality MBA Faculty: The same faculty teach on our regular and 100% online MBA Programs. All have PhDs
from such prestigious and diverse traditional (not online) Universities as University
of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and University of Edinburgh in Scotland, United Kingdom. They conduct basic/discovery scholarship, applied or integration/application scholarship,
and teaching/learning scholarship in top-tier peer reviewed journals in the USA and
foreign countries, in keeping with our global footprints framework and emphasis.
- Access and Flexibility: MBA Classes are offered to fit your schedule. Classes are taught at night, during the day, as well as 100% online. Yes, you can complete our MBA 100% online even if, for instance, you are on active military duty, stationed in Germany or South Korea.
- Dr. Joy Roach Humphreys
- Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Programs
- Arthur J. Bauernfeind College of Business
- (270) 809 4259
Financial Services Center
For those coming to the Murray Campus, the Bauernfeind College of Business also houses a modern Financial Services Center, shown in the picture. It displays real-time financial information and enables broadcasts of financial, business and national news. Students gain hands-on experience working with commercial-grade financial planning software.