Certification and/or Rank Change

  1. You must file a CA-1.

    1. Log into your EPSB account

    2. Select Online Document Submission (under the My Profile section).

    3. Download "A: Application for Kentucky Certification or Change in Salary Rank".

    4. Complete pages 1, 3 and the top portion of page 5.  Be sure to specify the desired action (e.g., rank change, principal certification) on the CA-1 where appropriate.  Page 1 of the CA-1 must be signed by your superintendent prior to submission to TES.

    5. Upload your completed application through the Online Document Submission portal located in your EPSB account.

  2. Once you have uploaded your CA-1, email Clara Bearsby at cbearsby@murraystate.edu

  3. Pay the $85.00 fee online through your EPSB account. If you need assistance with username/password resets or account registration, please contact the EPSB Help Desk at 502.564.4606.

  4. An official Bachelor's and Master's/graduate transcript(s) must be submitted in adddition to the application. Transcripts are only considered official if submitted in one of the following ways:

    1. Sent by mail on official transcript paper to:
      KDE Certification
      300 Sower Blvd., 5th Floor
      Frankfort, KY 40601

    2. Order a transcript online and have it sent electronically to the EPSB. All Murray State University transcripts are requested through National Student Clearinghouse (NSC). Electronic transcripts are sent directly from the institution's third-party transcript provider (NSC) to KDE Licensure. Electronic transcripts are not accepted if printed by or forwarded by the applicant.

The Kentucky PRAXIS requirements can be found on the ETS website. If you have tested outside of Kentucky, select the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board (code 7283) and Murray State University (code 1494) to have ETS electronically submit your scores to the EPSB and Murray State. Tests taken in Kentucky should automatically be reported to the Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board.

Questions or need assistance?

State Certification

Certification requirements can be quite different from state to state. To help you prepare for your own state certification, this is a collection of sites or general certification office information for each state, providing certification requirements and regulations, salary ranges, application fees, employment opportunities, downloadable forms and publications, and frequently asked questions.

Click on state name for specific requirements:

Additional Resources

© Murray State University Department of Web ManagementWe Are Racers.