Bridge to Supervisor Instruction
Bridge to Supervisor Instruction as an Option for Rank Change
The Bridge to Supervisor of Instruction program is designed for committed, talented educators who have strong academic credentials, demonstrated leadership potential, and a desire to improve educational programs for P-12 students.
The program will help you maximize your earnings. The need for more supervisor, coach, and leader is on the rise. A supervisor with a master’s degree earns more each year than those with a bachelor’s degree. When it comes to pursuing a supervisor of instruction, right now seems to be the time.
The Bridge to Supervisor Instruction as an Option for Rank Change program will help you change your rank if you are seeking a leadership role at the district level.
If you wish to move to a more administrative role at the district or building level but do not desire to become a principal or a superintendent, the Bridge to Supervisor of Instruction program will offer a unique opportunity.
Essential Components of the Program
- Evidence-based practices that ensure effectiveness
- Personal advising for individualized professional growth
- Technology-infused coursework for contemporary school settings
- Cohort-based program creating a supportive network of colleagues
- 9 hours of course credit for relevant experience
The program will prepare exemplary elementary, middle, and high school teachers to advance their professional careers as educational leaders in their schools and districts. As a supervisor, you will be able to pursue leadership roles in your educational setting.
- You may request course credit towards a course of study in recognition of Prior Learning. You may qualify for up to 9 hours of course credit for relevant experience, as determined by a faculty advisor. If you are not awarded prior learning assessment credit, you may take the 9 hours to complete the requirements for the Supervisor of Instruction Program.
- REA 624/Kentucky Reading Project/Adolescent Literacy Project Receive one (1) 3-credit-hour tuition waiver for participating
- Student Teacher Vouchers For each student teacher candidates host, receive one (1) 3-credit-hour tuition waiver plus a stipend per half-semester
- Can be completed 100% Online
Additional Endorsement and Certification Options
Literary Specialist Endorsement
For experienced certified teachers who wish to add a Literacy Specialist endorsement (P-12) to their certification, you will take three professional core classes in addition to passing score on the appropriate Praxis exam that will lead to certification as a Literacy Specialist P-12 in Kentucky.
- EDU631 - Classroom Management and Student Motivation (3)
- EDU637 - Instruction for Diverse Learners (3)
- TLE620 - Educational Improvement through Research
Level 1 and Level 2 Supervisor of Instruction Certification
The following additional four courses must be taken to complete Level 1 and Level 2 Supervisor of Instruction Certification in addition to passing the required state assessment.
- ADM 601 School Leadership, Culture, and Community
- ADM 631 Organization and Operation of Schools
- ADM 669 Seminar in School Administration
- ADM 672 Legal and Ethical Issues in Schools
Apply for Admission
Apply for Admission to the Bridge to Supervisor Instruction Program.
Applications are accepted year-round. You may begin coursework during the next term following admission.
You will need to complete the Murray State Graduate Admission application and submit an official transcript and letter of application. The minimum GPA for admission is 3.0.
Download additional information
- Brochure: Bridge to Supervisor of Instruction - An Option for Rank Change
- Brochure: MAED in Reading and Writing - Bridge to Supervisor of Instruction