Community Based Art Education
Community-Based Art Education Certificate
The Community-Based Art Education Certificate is designed for students who are interested in teaching in non-school settings or for students who would like to learn more about education before committing to the art/teaching certification track. Based on the student’s body of artwork, teaching experience, and other skills, this certificate could help him or her stand out when applying for a teaching position in a museum, community center or alternative learning space.
A grade of C or better is required in all courses to receive the certificate.
Total Course Requirements (15 hrs)
- ART 101 Drawing I: Introduction to Drawing
- ART 341 Inclusive Art Education for Diverse Learners
- ART 343 Art Materials and Techniques for the Classroom
- ART 344 Community-Based Art Education
- and one course from the following:
- ART 330 Introduction to Painting I
- ART 360 Introduction to Sculpture
- ART 370 Introduction to Ceramics I